Mounting the front tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting the front tire

While I'm waiting for one of you to make the "Well, first you buy your front tire a drink!"-joke, let me throw this out as a cautionary tale:

If you have had your front tire off and then put it back on, be sure that you followed the manual instructions for torques and sequence. I have replaced my tire a couple of times and just tightened bolts until it looked right. The manual has a specific sequence and possible dire consequences for not doing it properly. The combination of a new tire and proper mounting has made a big difference to EffingBee's handling, along with improved mileage, hair regrowth, and a more satisfying sex life...
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

That part about the more satisfying sex life indicates you DID buy the tire a drink or two....
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

You talking wheel here, or really the tire?
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Haven't seen any torque specs for tire, so my guess at a stretch would be alternate choice.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

The combination of a new tire and proper mounting has made a big difference to EffingBee's handling, along with improved mileage, hair regrowth, and a more satisfying sex life...
          Maybe I need a new torque wench...

mro

Comment

Working...
          X