Xs 650 speedometer? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xs 650 speedometer? Help

I have a problem I can not find a speedometer for my bike. Will a xs650 speedometer work and fit on my xs1100 special? Thanks so much guys for the help.
    1979 xs1100sp ? That's all I know of
    As of right now.

Originally posted by Georgboy View Post
    I have a problem I can not find a speedometer for my bike. Will a xs650 speedometer work and fit on my xs1100 special? Thanks so much guys for the help.
    Hi Georgboy,
    any XS series round speedo will work on an XS11Special and will read true.
    XS400 thru XS850. Even the metric ones.
    So long as you can multiply by 0.6 in your head.
    For instance,100kph = 60mph (it's nearer to 63mph so it's a safe approximation)
    Last edited by fredintoon; 10-02-2009, 10:26 AM.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

It will..

When I needed to convert my gauge from MPH to KPH I bought an XS650 one. The only thing that was missing was the indicator self-cancelling part (not sure if the US market got those)..
      '84 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Shappers View Post
        It will..

When I needed to convert my gauge from MPH to KPH I bought an XS650 one. The only thing that was missing was the indicator self-cancelling part (not sure if the US market got those)..
        Hi Shappers,
        our Canadian XS650, XS750 & XS11 metric speedos and my mph XS650 speedo from the USA all have the self-canceller reed switch.
        I wonder which country did your XS650 metric speedo come from that it didn't have one?
        Or come to that, why you had to swap anyway? All our speedos have both mph & kph speedo scales even if the odometers don't.
        Last edited by fredintoon; 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The original speedo on my UK market bike was only written in MPH for some reason and I exported the bike to Finland which required a gauge showing KPH.

The XS650 one came from Germany and was written in KPH only!

Ideally I would have loved a gauge with both on the face as my brain still works in imperial!
          '84 Sport

Comment

Working...
          X