Slowly updating her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!

Oh stop whining Dragon Tamer, (you have more running then me.)

Yes, having a clean organized garage is extremely helpful and allows you to complete your work much faster.

on that note.... i'm still working on the oganizing thing.....(mine looks like a demolition zone)

you have a great looking bike and i'm sure it's going to turn out awsome!!

thank you for sharing!!

Webs
    1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
    1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Here is the engine after paint, polish, and clear. I am putting it back in the frame tomorrow. Going to get everything running again and then get the body painted.

I have decided to just polish the covers instead of get them chromed. I think it will look good, and I can always chrome them later if I change my mind. I will take more pictures when she is all back together. Might be awhile though... I am running low on money and getting the tank and sides painted is going to cost a bit.

Last edited by thebottle; 11-05-2009, 07:58 PM.
      1980 XS1100SG
      1998 KLR 650

Comment

Very nice
        1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

Damn... Makes me want to paint mine now..... I just wish i knew if the "spare" engine that came with 'Sunshine was any good. The spare is actually the original motor for the bike (numbers match) and the engine that is on the bike came from some donor of the same year. there was also an extra head that came with the bike, so i dont know what the heck is going on... But NICE paintjob. Looks great. reminds me of this other Yamaha i know of....
          '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
          Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
          4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
          Windjammer(wiring issues)
          SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
          New paint/brakes to come!!
          ===============
          '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
          ===============
          '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
          Stock Pilots/125 mains
          Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
          SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
          LED Brake Lite
          Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

That is a nice bike. I've never really cared for that style, but I am a sucker for the flat black look. I've never painted anything like... I'm too afraid to try. I have a hard time envisioning something complete before I start it. I still can't decide on a color. Once you decide you can't really change your mind if you don't end up liking it. I'm hoping that once I have it back together and I see what it looks like it will help me decide on the color. Going to get a lot of it back together tomorrow. The engine is back in the frame and a few things are back in it, but no where near running state yet. Thanks for all the compliments.
            1980 XS1100SG
            1998 KLR 650

Comment

Working...
            X