It Lives !!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Lives !!!!!!!!!

Well i finnaly got caught up fixing everyone elses stuff so tonite i put in oil, put in battery cranked till i got good oil Pressure. Put the temp tank on hooked up fuel and set choke. did the magic mechanics dance and anti bent valve chat lol. she crank 4 times and fired rt up and just Purred like a fat cat at the Mouse Buffett!!!!!!!! I have everything all ready for paint tomorrow so life is good. just thought i would share now i have some nice fall weather to get her broke in rt.
    John
    79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
    80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
    06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
    2000 Concours
    84 Kawi KLR600
    79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
    79 XR250
    Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
    John

Congrats! Doens't it feel great when all your hard work comes together? Be sure to post some before and after pics of the paint job!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Yahooo

Yeah,,,doesnt it feel great to revive one of these monsters!!!! Some of us have had the same feeling when a neglected bike is revived, its like finding a new source of adrenaline, you feel like dancing around, shouting like a madman, telling the significant other you are the Man,,,,,a moment to cherish when the engine roars to life. Yeah, today you are the Man,,,,may the new beast be revived to its former glory and it will treat you like a dog you rescued from the dog pound,,,it will be loyal to you for life for rescuing it from death....anyway, may we all toast you and the revived beast of a bike. MIke in Sun Diego
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

Congrats to you!!!!!!
        I know the feling, it took 2+ years for me to rivive my beast. I could have never ever done it without the help on this sight. This sight and the guys on it are the best there is, anywhere.

Comment

Working...
        X