83 maxim 750 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83 maxim 750 problem

ok im making my maxim into a bobber and its all done but the vacuum line has no where to go since i changed the tank, i plugged it and tried to start it and no fuel seemed to come through the line do i have to have a petcock with a vacuum line or is there another way?

No, you don't HAVE to have a petcock with a vacuum line. Plenty of people have replaced their petcocks with non-vac versions. Have you checked to be sure fuel flows through the petcocks? It should flow even without the bike turned on. Once you determine that, try opening the drain valves on the bottom of the float bowls to be sure fuel flows into the carbs.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

and if i still have no fuel? i cant see any coming through my fuel filter

Comment

Does fuel flow out of the petcock? Remove the hose from the petcock and open the valve. Does anything come out? Is the fuel line plugged at all?
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Not sure about the 750 version, but if it is the same as the 1100, then your petcock should flow if in the PRIME position regardless of vacuum.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Working...
          X