Search was of no help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search was of no help

I know I read a post in a threat that mentioned an alternative exhaust header gasket from the auto trade that will fit our bikes. However, I can't find the thread much less the post. If your reading this and know which gaskets from the auto trade will fit please post the info again. CTC is open tomorrow so perhaps I can get them and install my headers.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Something about an old Ford thermostat gasket. Here's a thread that said an '82 mustang's would work. Expect the auto parts store counter guy to look at you funny when you ask for FOUR of them!
    Last edited by CatatonicBug; 09-19-2009, 10:08 PM.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Eh, he asked about exhaust not intake.

FWIW, I smear "Accoustiseal" mnade by Walker and available at NAPA on teh old gaskets, and bolt it up. Nasty stuff but works well.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
        Eh, he asked about exhaust not intake.
        Oops! Hehe!
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

crush gaskets

I know they are out there....

at work here we have some that are for rebuilting and valve (of some sort)
          but they are not the right sizes..

they look the same tho...
          i'm guessing yamaha went with a pre-existing gasket for the bikes..

We just have to find it in some of the other applications..

sorry i don't know it yet...
          1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

(2)2008 WR250R. Because kids outgrew others.

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000. (Just added 2024) pre-crashed.

1975 Kawasaki S1 250. My first bike. Still have it. NO I'm not selling it!!

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

I just bought all 4 from the Yamaha dealer here for $12 Canuk for all four of em. I cant even try to look for em elsewhere for less. New jardine header going on so cant be bothered to try without new ones.
            2-79 XS1100 SF
            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Ya the dealer would likely have or be able to order them and I have already ordered 2 sets from George fix. I was hopping to cross ref them to something else that fits that could also be found on a Sunday at Canadian Tire or the like. Surely some small jap cars might use of something similar that would fit. In any case George is pretty quick on shipping.
              Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Rob ..don't recall anything automotive that is like the ex gaskets on an 11 ... once Chop was looking for matching pipes and wanted to know the diameter of an ex crush gasket. Thread you are remembering is likely the one Bug mentioned ... intake not exhaust.
                80G Mini-bagger
                VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
                X