Vetter saddlebag brackets (pics?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetter saddlebag brackets (pics?)

Anyone have pics of thier vetter saddlebag brackets on the bike with the bags removed ? I got a pair of bags and the trunk the other day with brackets for a GL1100 and I need to modify them for the XS . The trunks no problem ,but I would like to see where the saddlebag brackets for the XS1100 standard mount...Much appreciated Stevo

The front mounting point is the bolt that holds the passenger footpeg.

The Rear mounting point is the rear Turn signal hole. The signals get re-mounted on the bracket itself. I had to add wires to the circuit to make them long enough.

This is the whole setup without the bag. Of course, this is a MNS, but I don't think the Standards mount any different. Maybe slightly different measurements, but since you're modifying it to fit, you get to make those up.

Be sure to include the linking bar that goes across behind the wheel. Without that, the bracket is rather unstable.

If I was making a bracket myself, I would slide the whole unit rearward by about 4 inches. The way it is now, the bags get in the way of a passenger using the rear footpegs. I have to remove the bags to let SWMBO ride.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Vetter saddlebags

Gotcha, makes alot more sense now Thanks! Stevo

Comment

I don't have the pics, but my standard IS a little different! The bolt and mount bracket at the top is different. I know the part welded too the bottom that goes to the foot peg mount is also a little different. IF you are mounting on a standard, I'll take a few pics and post them for you, just let me know.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I'll get a pic of my mounting frame on my standard this afternoon and get it posted on here. They do mount a little different and I'll try to get enough angles to make it clear so you can figure the modifications on what you have.
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Ok, here are the pics of the mounting framework. Please ignore the dirt on the bike, it's not time for it's yearly bath yet.

Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
            X