Seat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat ?

What in your opinion is the best seat for xs11? The original is hard and somewhat cracked. Diamond Seat? Does corbin make one?
    Thanks.

There really isn't an aftermarket seat that will just bolt onto an XS. If you want to do some cutting and welding and stuff, you can make just about anything fit, but to retain the original seat pan, you can take it to a seat re-builder and have the foam rebuilt, and purchase a new vinyl cover (available in several places). There is a pad for ATVs that has been found at a couple of wal-marts in the country, and is said to work very well as an external fix. There are also other covers like the ones from alaskaleather.com, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Diamond seats will do you one if you send them your pan.........kinda pricey...........or send pan along with pics of you and passenger if applies to Russell Day Long Seats and they'll do you the ultimate tour seat if that's what you want.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

You can also find used seats in good condition on eBay from time to time. Just remember, they are model and year specific.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

Are not the 80 and 81 special seats the same? I think Standards as well.

I'd love to get a stock seat for Thunderstruck if I can ever find one my cheapazz will fork out for.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
            Are not the 80 and 81 special seats the same? I think Standards as well.
            Yep, I think they are. Here's how it goes IIRC...

78 & 79 Standard
            79 Special
            80 & 81 Standard
            80 & 81 Special
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

cushy tushy

Yes corbin can "rebuild" them, send in your pan..

i have one, i like it but i haven't ridden for more then an hour stait yet.
              (carb problems)

maybe next summer i'll test it on a long haul.
              1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
              1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Saddlemen Seat

The Saddlemen seat came with the foam molded to fit my old seat pan. Pretty firm but it's quite comfortable to my butt anyways.

http://www.xs11.com/members/member-p...avId=x19be64f1
                1981 XS1100 Special
                Saddlemen Seat
                MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Saddlemen seat

Originally posted by Southhill101 View Post
                  The Saddlemen seat came with the foam molded to fit my old seat pan. Pretty firm but it's quite comfortable to my butt anyways.

Having read this again I wasn't very clear, I didn't have to send them my old one, they sent me the completed seat ready to be attached to my old seat pan. A little tricky to put back together but otherwise a perfect fit.
                  1981 XS1100 Special
                  Saddlemen Seat
                  MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Diamond makes their own pans and they are a direct bolt on, all you have to do is tell them your inseam lengths and weights and they will tailor the seat to best fit you and your passenger, sending a picture would not tell them what they need to know in order to make a good seat. They are expensive, but I have had mine for over 12 years and it is still like new, and I regularly spend 12 hr. days on it.
                    Fastmover
                    "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                    lion". SHL
                    78 XS1100e

Comment

OK if it fits you

Originally posted by Southhill101 View Post
                      Hi Southhill,
                      I put one of those on a spare XS650 seat pan to encourage my wife to ride pillion (which didn't work so I got a sidecar instead)
                      The quality & fit-up are excellent and the pillion half fitted my wife's girlish stern and kept her from sliding backwards.
                      BUT
                      The front half is too small for my oversize arse and the seat's "double bucket" styling locks the rider into place
                      with no chance of sliding back and forth.
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

My 2 cents

Devilschild was over last weekend and he had just got his seat back from a local person. $75 and it looked great. He called me later and said his butt got to about 300 miles before it started hurtin'.
                        Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
                        1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
                        1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

If it fits...

I agree, I am a fairly skinny guy so the way the seat is shaped could really be uncomfortable for someone larger and there is really no give in the padding. SWMBO, the daughters, and grandkids really like riding along cause they feel quite secure on the back.

Cheers,
                          1981 XS1100 Special
                          Saddlemen Seat
                          MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

corbin seat for sale

Hello, I have a corbin seat for the xs1100,came off a 80g std custom corbin pan,seat, cover and foam, not ripped, pan not rusted out, if you want to discuss, sent me a private message, yours is not turned on, ites for sale of course, thanx andreas

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I really like some of the alaskaleather pads. A local upholstery shop has it now. They think they can fix the foam and set it up with a cover of my choice. I'm heavy with short legs They're going to shave it down a little for me.
                              Thanks again!
                              Bud

Comment

Working...
                              X