Windjammer Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windjammer Windshield

I am thinking about trying to make a windshield for my Windjammer Fairing. Has anyone every made a windshield and if so what did you use for the glass and how did you cut it.
    My idea is to get a piece of plexiglass and use a jigsaw to cut the desired size using a smaller windshield as a template. Any idea as to if this will work.
    Eric (South of Greensboro, NC)
    82 XJ1100 "Echos" Mostly Stock
    Matthew 4:19 "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

This thread gives one solution to creating you own. If it were me, I'd buy a new one from craigvetter.com, and trim it if you like. However, if you really want to make your own, use Lexan and the tips on the linked thread.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

windjammer windsheild

yes it will work, i did that for my fairing, although if i were to do it again, i think i would use lexan, cuts a little better, and i used my die grinder with a 3 inch flap wheel to clean it up worked really well here is a pic of my bike with my new windsheild
      /img http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3394/...ac78a61b_o.jpg //img hope that helps
      1982 xj1100
      1983 xj550

Comment

Working...
      X