xs1100 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other side, please.

Your lookin' through the wrong end of the telescope here, Ivan. Even with liquor, candy, and jewelry it's gonna be a tough sell to get SWMBO to do the short skirt/long jacket on the back of your newer bike.

Trying to get one's daughter to not wear her school kilt is where things are gonna get awkward....

Best of luck!

Comment

pods versus stock airbox

hey again all i think i am gonna give the pods a try, if it doesn't work for me then i will put the stock box back in, i borrowed the tube from inside the air box that directs the crank pressure back into the carbs, and am gonna modify the pods tomorrow so that the tubes will mount tothe ends of them so at least the crankcase emmissions are going back where they belong..anyone see anything wrong with that idea?
      1982 xj1100
      1983 xj550

Comment

...anyone see anything wrong with that idea?
        Hey Mav,

Yeah, too much work!! Just put a breather filter on the end of the crankcase tube and forget about it. Too much of a hassle trying to fit them to the PODS and not have leaks. Take a look at the Tech Tips, info about velocity stacks for mounting the pods depending on which brand/style you get!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

xs1100 carbs

hey all got the carbs back on the biketoday,so far so good, started first try, idles great, still have to sync the carbs. here are some pics of what i finally did for the pod filters.
          /img http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3441/...8078f1ee_b.jpg //img
          /img http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3513/...3a9c0bff_b.jpg //img
          /img http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2641/...a456b7b0_b.jpg //img
          /img http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2562/...cb8d60df_b.jpg //img

i chose this method to reduce the airflow into the carbs,and turning the pods forward kinda makes it look a little better, seems torun really well like i said still have to sync the carbs but it definately looks promising now..
          1982 xj1100
          1983 xj550

Comment

Ram Air Revisited

That's X-treme.

Good going. If it's worth doin' it's worth overdoin'!!

Don't forget the safety sticker warning people to stand back 5 feet from those intakes.

I'm just sayin'.......

Comment

Originally posted by mav2 View Post
              i chose this method to reduce the airflow into the carbs,and turning the pods forward kinda makes it look a little better, seems torun really well like i said still have to sync the carbs but it definately looks promising now..
              Ummm, can you explain why you would want to reduce airflow?
              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

reducing airflow..

well, running 4 straight pods puts full airflow to each carb, the stock airbox has a rectangular 1inch x 2inch hole supplying air to the 4 carbs, my guess is the reason for this so that all 4 carbs could balance out , not sure if that is the reason for it, but it makes sense, anyways, i cut down from 4 pods to 2, and if you look at the pics you will notice that the tube is arranged so that each pod is supplying 2 carbs and also allowing all 4 carbs to balance..maybe i am way off base, but the engine seems to run really well, even before syncing, can't wait till tomorrow evening wheni get the sync done.. oh and it cost me a total of 14.00 to build, not including the pods..
                1982 xj1100
                1983 xj550

Comment

Working...
                X