Fork tube cap(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork tube cap(s)

Howdy, new poster but have been a member for a bit.

I just rebuilt my front forks, and am in need of a tube cap, standard kind with the adjusting screw. The PO had snapped the hex in half. I had to remove it with vice grips!

Any advice on where to find one of these would be awesome. I found a whole front end at a local yard but they want $150 for it and won't separate parts.

Thanks much,
    Ryan
    Seattle, WA
    1979 XS11F - Jardine 4>1, pods, stage 3 dynojet kit (138 main)

That's just the way "Bent Bike" rolls.

I don't have any caps but the ones on my bike. You're in the right place though. Someone here will either know where to find one or have one they can set you up with one.

First check to make is with Andrew Weiss. He's an owner/member here and if you look in the parts for sale section you'll see some of his offerings. Send him a PM (Private Message) and he'll get back to you with a yea or a nay.

Just not me...not at this moment.

Welcome!!!
    Last edited by Larrym; 08-28-2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Try here at bike bandit. Take a look at fiche you might be able to find them

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...f-1979/o/m8240
      Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
      Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
      Pod Filters
      DynoJet Kit
      T.C.'s Fuse Block
      Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
      Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
      V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Thanks Larrym, I found Andreas' post in the parts section and PM'd him. It was indeed Bent Bike in Lynnwood who had the front end. Ha! It seemed in good shape so I understand why they wouldn't want to break it up.

Also, thanks MrOzz - looks like bikebandit doesn't have them in stock, found it on the fiche though.

Comment

Hey, looks like Andreas is gonna hook me up. Thanks!

Comment

Great!

One day I'm not gonna chicken out and stop at the Lynnwood BB. Go all the way to Auburn.

One of these days........

Comment

Is there another Bent Bike in Auburn? I've been to the one in Lynwood, but thought it was the only yard in this area. By the way I have a set of fork caps and the rubber caps that cover them.
              Fastmover
              "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
              lion". SHL
              78 XS1100e

Comment

Spoiler Alert!!

Well uh..Yeah. I mean they're listed in the yellow pages and on the internet as being in Auburn.

The BB in Lynnwood kinda didn't fit what I thought I would see. (Duh!! I should be used to that by now...) They had a big building with all sorts of new stuff and the used area was scrunched off to the side. One aisle dedicated to Yamaha with all the parts thrown in cardboard boxes or plastic bins. Definitely the "biblical" inventory method: "Seek and Ye Shall Find." Didn't see much that I just had to have but that's cause my bike's together and running.

I haven't laid eyes on the Auburn store and I'm curious if that store followed the same model/layout or if they really have stuff I'd get my CC out for. The problem is that the Lynnwood store is right across the street from that Auto salvage yard "Pull-A-Part" where you can take your tools in and get parts for your vehicle. Mud, spiders, wasps, vehicles precariously propped up on whatever they found conveniently. But as far as I'm concerned it's "Tiffanys". I always find something that I needed and hurry back home to install it. Sadly, the Auburn BB keeps getting pushed back into the "Ill get to them later," category.

I approached one of the guys at BB and told him that if he posted what he had available for XS's on the site here or just provided a link to his inventory it just might work out better for business. "Not interested." PERIOD! Ok...

That's why my first option is to see what A. Weiss has in his garage. He deals with these yamahas primarily and has no problem with taking a look-see for the part. Great guy and a natural Co-cooperator. He ships to you but if you ever get the chance to drive out and see him it's well worth it. No, "stay behind the velvet rope!" policy. Plus the fridge full of canadian beer is a something worth checking out.

Auburn? Yeah. I'm a "completist" so I'll make it there eventually. Just that it's so low on the list due to the other options..

Comment

Spoiler Alert?
                  Fastmover
                  lion". SHL
                  78 XS1100e

Comment

Open Mouth-Insert Foot!

That was for the benefit of those who've never been to BB in Lynnwood or Andrew Weiss's. There's something to be said for seeing a new place for the first time.

Maybe someone who's been to both BB's will chime in and Spoil my hopes that the BB in Auburn is better than the Lynnwood store.

It would serve me right, eh?

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, I'd never run across that phrase before and it confused me, so I thought I'd ask. I've been to BB several times and though it seems to be shrinking, I've always found something I thought I needed, even if it wasn't what I originally needed, but I'm always looking for new places to scrounge parts, so I will be taking a trip to Auburn at the first opportunity.
                      Fastmover
                      lion". SHL
                      78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
                      X