Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get the brake light connection off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get the brake light connection off?

From the front master cylinder? I have an always on brake light situation to address.

Thanks.

Patrick
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Look for a round hole on the under side of the lever mount. Poke a flat screwdriver blade in there to depress the plastic lock tab. Slide the switch out!
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Bingo. Thanks, Ken. This stuff must be easy when you know what you're doing.....

Patrick
      The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
      1969 Yamaha DT1B
      Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

That's the coolest thing about this stuff and this site! Ask enough questions and get your hands dirty, and pretty soon, you will know what you're doing too!
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X