Hey gurus - got a valve questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey gurus - got a valve questions

So another member has his bike at my place, and without going into all the gory details, we've got the head off and the #1 intake valve is bent. The head we're working on is supposed to be off a '79 motor, and he has another head with him that's also supposed to be off a '79. We took an intake valve out of the 'spare head', and the valve looks to be several millimeters smaller than the bent one. The head with the smaller valves has a yamaha logo in the center of the valve heads, while the larger valves have no logo. Does anyone know if the 80/81 heads have the logo on the valves? I'm trying to determine if this is actually a later model head, or if these are aftermarket valves.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Don't know about a logo on the later valves but you can measure it....

'79 intake valve is 36mm head diameter, 7mm stem diameter, 96mm long

'80+ intake valve is 38mm head diameter, 7mm stem diameter, 95mm long
    Brian
    XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
    Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

That tells me what I need to know. Thanks for the specs.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
      X