I got it to start!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got it to start!!!

Just like the title says, i got it to start...Now I just need to sync the carbs, adjust the chain, change oil, middle, and final, paint the gas tank, and yeah!!!

Only thing is it isn't idling very well...Could that just be the carbs needing to be synced? or do I have other issues?

-Rick
    1979 XS1100 Standard

I looked at all of the threads you started, and none of them say anything about CARBS!?

IF you haven't taken them apart and cleaned them, then that's the next step before you try tuning them? Also, you want to do the cam chain tensioner adjustment before you try to synch the carbs! Congrats on getting it to start, you're well on your way now!!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey Rick,
      Wheres the pics?The last time I saw your bike it was a pile of parts in your shed.I'm glad to hear you got it back together.You made it a rigid right?
      80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Yeah, almost all together! I just need to do some cosmetic things to the tank and frame, and adjust a stuck front master cylinder. They are tokico front brakes(four pistons) so I don't quite know what is wrong with them. They are stuck and don't retract. My guess it the spooge hole, but I have no idea...

Here's the only picture I took tonight. I'll post more tomorrow when it is a little more complete!

1979 XS1100 Standard

Comment

Working...
        X