seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat covers

looking for a more comfortable seat for my xj. ttcycle on ebay says they will take anything over 50 bucks for a seat cover sewn for specific seat. anyone have any experience with their seats?
    82 XJ 1100
    98 Magna
    past bikes
    ST1100
    92 Harley FXR built
    85 XJ 700 (2)
    86 XJ 700X

NightPilot,
    I think you'll find you're not alone w/ your impression of the stock XJ seat!
    Many here think that it's original design was concieved & fabricated in a very "hot" & demonic location...

I was fortunate enough to have purchased mine from one of the "smart" PO's who had already addressed this issue... Mine has been redone, softer, better vinyl cover w/ padded ribbing 1/2" wide that runs across the seat side to side... turns it into a great, comfortable seat!

Trbig has an XJ, and complains of the same problem. His solution has been to add a seat pad setup he found at WalMart. Looks good, and works well... especially on trips. And it's a low cost, fast approach to remedying the problem.

You might get w/ him... the WalMart in his area seems to be one of the few that stocks these pads. He put a thread on here a while back, IIRC.

Good luck.
    Regards,
    Bob
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Thanks Bob,
      I saw the thread from Tod, my atl walmart carries them. I checked them out and think he has a good plan. It would raise me up a little, but I think it would provide great ventilation.

I emailed and plan to talk to this ttcycle on ebay about it. He shows a seat that i think would go on a st1100 but said he doesnt have a pic of xj mounted. the one he shows looks good and is described to be of great construction. if the xj seat is comparable to one shown, could be great. I kept red and black color theme on my bike and he says he can sew seat with red thread. Could be great if done right.

Regarding location of seat construction i think the same pointy head entity buit the original xj700 seat, I had a guy remake it with gel and it was great, plan to sell it on ebay, the zj700x seat was great though from the beginning. jim
      82 XJ 1100
      98 Magna
      past bikes
      ST1100
      92 Harley FXR built
      85 XJ 700 (2)
      86 XJ 700X

Comment

Working...
      X