Plug question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug question?

For all these years runnin this bike I have always used reccomended BP6ES NGK plugs. I have decided to try the V-groove version of this plug. Started using the V-Power version in my autos years ago, as the spark is a bit more precise,etc. and noticed longgivity is a bit better, plus cost is the same(bout $2 a plug.) Other than they are a resistor plug, radio suspression, etc., is there any known reason such as feedback that would cause any erratic function of coils or ignition? With the stock plugs I have no static on my Alpine stereo, but that may be built into the unit itself. All of the secondary ignition IS stock, coils, etc. so I see no reason to run the Iridium plugs and the bike runs like a swiss clock all the way from an idle in fifth gear to redline without missing a beat. Was giong to put these in this afternoon just for a bit more durability as an air-cooled motor tends to be a bit harder on plugs with the wider span of of heat ranges they operate at as opposed to a water cooled motor that operates at a more constant tem. Thanks in advance for any knowledgable input here. Brant.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

plugs

Answered my own question..........the V-power version of the BP6ES does NOT have a removable cap on top so as to accept the NGK plug boots..........so that's why I've always had a stock plug in it. Those here who have installed different coils, wires and caps with the automotive type plug boots can run these and my see some improved results. They are NGK BPR6EY or stock no.6427.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

NGK caps are available that take the normal type sparkplug ends. It actually took some convincing of the local MC parts store that they make them for the threaded stud... The price was the same, so you could just get four new caps that would work with the plugs you want. I think when I bought one to replace the broken one on my scoot it was $2.50
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
      X