Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS11 schematics online

Greetings fellow XS11-ers.
    This might not be such a big secret, but being a "fresh" XS11 enthusiast, I'm still doing a lot of research on the bike. While I was shopping around for some parts, I came across a site that seems to have all the schematics for the XS11s (and other bikes, but I don't really care about those.) in their database. If you navigate to the part you're looking for, it gives you the whole schematic of it. So if I need a quick look see at how stuff is put together, when I work on my XS11, it comes in handy.

Errrrr???

And the site is........?
    Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
    1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
    1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

Woops! Would need that, ha?
      Here it is. Just click on Yamaha and take it from there.
      http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts

Comment

Hey Metal,

IF you had perused the LINKS forum , you would have found a thread about the OFFICIAL YAMAHA ONLINE PARTS CATALOG/MICROFICHE site, with much better quality images, with OEM part numbers, and you can zoom in on the images.

Just go straight to the parts section, don't worry about registering or such. Then from the drop down menus, select Motorcycle, year, and model. Along with the parts, you'll also find Service Data sections, and Technical bulletins as well!

The BikeBandit site will help you to see which parts are STILL AVAILABLE from Yamaha as many parts are now discontinued!!

T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I prefer http://www.benefiskal.co.uk. Though it doesn't always have them, it often has actual pictures of the parts in addition to the schematic.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

TC, thanks for the link. The Yamaha site looks like sort of the same concept as the BikeBandit site, but does seems to have more stuff on it. Thanks again.

CB, I tried to check out the link you posted, but it seems to be down...

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
              I prefer http://www.benefiskal.co.uk. Though it doesn't always have them, it often has actual pictures of the parts in addition to the schematic.
              Sorry! It's www.benefiscal.co.uk. You have to log in, but it's quick and free to set up a profile.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
              X