Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got this one off Craigs list today..

http://stockton.craigslist.org/mcy/1281692086.html

Went and checked out this 81 SF. Turned out it was right around the corner from my place... I was looking for a parts bike to keep my 79 SF going...what a great surprise...Was a nice guy just looking to get the thing out of his garage. It's all there, 32K, pretty much stock and it's not an 81 like the ad said, but a 79...the 3H3 VIN is only 1500 off from mine...comes with a couple manuals and a very clean Windjammer. Was in such good shape and free of rust I offered $300 cash. He came by this morning with and little trailer to haul it over. sweet.. Just had to share a woot !
    'twas ever thus

76 Triple
    79 Eleven SF
    02 FZ1

Here's a pic..(I hope)
    'twas ever thus

76 Triple
    79 Eleven SF
    02 FZ1

Comment

Congrats on the find! The picture didn't work though...

Which one is the new XS11? The one with the fairing is a 750...

Last edited by CatatonicBug; 08-16-2009, 03:42 PM.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks, will re-read the pic sticky, lol. The one in the middle is the new one. I was really surprised to see how little wear and tear it has. It still has every little OEM clip and fastener on it, which is more than I can say for my daily rider. Will have to ease into it and look inside, but at first glance I am very happy. thx
        'twas ever thus

76 Triple
        79 Eleven SF
        02 FZ1

Comment

Working...
        X