Ever take apart a kill switch? Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever take apart a kill switch? Help.

Since I had juice before the kill switch and none after, and since the kill switch itself was frozen, I took it apart to try to save it. Turned out that it looks like someone in this bike's past had tried to force the frozen kill switch and ended up cracking the plate that the switch rotates on. I'm finding out right now if Gorilla glue will fix that plate, but that is not my question.

When you unscrew the white connector that holds the two kill switch wires inside the switch housing, is there anything between the white connector and the top of the switch housing? I am talking about the connector that is held on by two small screws and attaches the wires. I thought I saw a brass or copper plate in there when I took it apart, but when I reached for my Dremel to polish it the switch slipped from my hand and swung down. Now there is no plate in there and I'm not certain there ever was. It doesn't seem like one would be needed, but I swear I thought I saw one. Should I be on my hands and knees looking for it or should I go pick up those new glasses that are waiting for me at the optometrist?

Thanks,

Patrick
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

I just did mine and the white piece of nylon is just there to keep the wires aligned when you put the screws in. It also keeps them from turning so one will short to the other. I think there was a washer on the screw but there is nothing between the nylon part and the contact plate.

When the contact plate is broken, the switch is toast...

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
    X