Can you ID this mounting bracket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you ID this mounting bracket???

Hey guys, I picked up this mounting bracket on e-bay, description said it was for a "vetter" fairing, I didn't do my part and really look it over otherwise I would have noticed that it will not work on a windjammer. I'm posting some pictures and hoping someone out there can ID what type of fairing this is made to mount. It does fit perfectly on the XS just the top rails are wrong for a jammer. I'm hoping to re-sell this to someone who can use it....

As you all can see the mounting rails for the fairing are too wide and not long enough for a windjammer, they are also to wide in the back and to narrow in the front from rail to rail.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

It's kinda hard for me to tell exactly, but it looks very similar to the one I have on my XJ that my Vetter 4 uses...

My fairing uses 4 bolts to bolt the fairing to the frame, (2 on each side.)

Looks like there are 3 holes on that one side...
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

yeah, three holes on both mounting rails, here's a few more pictures to show why it doesn't fit a jammer....

1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

That looks like a Goldwing bracket. The fact that the front downtube clamps grip the outside edge instead of the front of the downtubes says it's NOT an XS/XJ bracket.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

My down tubes mount on the front side like bug said. But if you're satisfied the way it fits the frame, what about welding a plate on top (when on bike) of the mount so it fits the fairing? JAT
          79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
          79 SF parts bike.

Comment

That thang ..

kinda' looks like one I have burried somewhere for a QuickSilver, wouldn't swear to it though
            80G Mini-bagger
            VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
            79SF eventually dismantled for parts
            79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
            79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
            79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
            X