Dipstick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
    Not too shabby! Could even be used as a template for making a re-usable one if you wanted to go that route! Mind if I host a copy on my website?
    You do whatever you want with it. I officially declare it open source

Originally posted by LuckyEddie View Post
    Thanks bgrubb7,

I just made a copy onto a transparency (for overhead projectors), they are flexable and oil will wipe right off. I had not gotten around to making one from the measured drawing here in the site yet.
    Thanks for your efforts!!
    Yes, Transparency sheets would work great. I would recommend a laser printer over an inkjet printer for a transparency sheet, as most inkjet inks will wipe right off after getting wet with oil.
    '81 H XS11 Standard.

Comment

hmmm

wow...
      i must have just been really bored then...

i made mine out of stainless steel 1/8" keystock.

made it in 3 pieces and tig welded it together...
      like i said .. i was bored...
      1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

(2)2008 WR250R. Because kids outgrew others.

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000. (Just added 2024) pre-crashed.

1975 Kawasaki S1 250. My first bike. Still have it. NO I'm not selling it!!

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Dipsticks

Originally posted by bgrubb7 View Post
        OK, I've got some time to kill here today so try this. I drew this bad boy up and put 10 to a sheet. Print it off on a sheet of card stock, then trim out with an xacto or whatever. Presto. 10 disposable dipsticks. Complete in technocolor with idiot tags

Perfect for lazy bastards like myself or those who don't have time to cut out something more permanent. If you really want to live on the edge, print in on a vinyl sheet or just laminate it before trimming, then you can wipe it off and use it over again.

Make sure that your page scaling is 100% or that "Fit to Page" is not checked in your Print Settings.

http://cid-dd48badbf1b0b501.skydrive...C_dipstick.pdf
        Thanks a ton for the PDF file of dipsticks for the middle and final drive fluid levels... worked like a charm, got a couple sheets printed off, and saved it on the Hard drive as well... never had the stock one, but these are just as good for me... thanks again!
        Dennis - aka - Skinny Biker
        Courtenay, B.C.
        1981 XS 11 SH

Comment

Working...
        X