Jet Hot Dealers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Hot Dealers...

For those of you in the NY,NJ,PA area do an of you know where I could get a jet hot coating for my header pipes? I have checked some places listed in Jet Hot's store locator...they had listed a couple places in South Jersey but bothe places are no longer doing it...One place in Philadelphia doesnt answer their phone...so any help as usual is greatly appreciated.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Jet Hot

There is a 800 number you can call and they will route you to the correct place. I called there yesterday to get a quote for coating a set (4) set of old Jardine spaghetti's . Pretty expensive, $175 plus $50 to strip old chrome off and of course, shipping and handling.
    If you know how to use a spray gun or know someone who does, you can buy the ceramic coating kits from the Eastwood Company for $25- $50 . I have been tempted to try this.
    78 XS1100E Standard
    Coca Cola Red
    Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Some times if you reasearch local companies that do powder coating they might also do ceramic coating as well. I got a quote from a local guy for my 4-1 Jardine header who said he can do the ceramic coat for $100 all in a few hours if I bring them already media blasted... Add $35 if they need media blasting. JAT! How does the Do-it-yer-self kit work, any luck with it, how do ya bake on the material, or do you?
      Last edited by WMarshy; 08-11-2009, 06:42 AM.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Yes, Jet Hot is a bit pricey but then what is the cost of a new exhaust? Jet Hot will not only give you some added performance but will prolong the life of your pipes.

But, like Foreda said, if you can spray and have access to an oven that will fit your parts, do it yourself. Look at techlinecoatings.com. Their Cermakrome finish is the same near-chrome finish people like Jet Hot use. You can paint over chrome but need to blast your pipes to the right finish with Aluminum Oxide. (cheap sandblaster from Harbor Freight will do the trick) and then you need to clean, coat and bake in an oven at 550 for an hour or two. Then you need to polish it up. You will need to rig up a spray nozzle and a flex tube to spray the inside of the pipes.

The stuff is only available in quarts which is probably enough to do 10 sets of exhaust. Still, it is alot less expensive than going to a coating company and it really works.
        Mike Giroir
        79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

I guess Im not that familiar with the differences between the powder coating material and the ceramic material... Is the ceramic powder a polymer based material like regular powder coat? If your doing it at home how would you get it to statically adhere to the metal? I spent some time in a powder shop and happen to know they use a nifty piece of equipment which you can adjust the current to make material "stick" to the metal. Without that kind of equipment you would not be able to get a very good even coat… I will look into the DIYS method but if I pay someone to do it I dont have to worry about it coming out like Krap… My contact said he uses that Cermakrome stuff as well, probably no difference between him and Jethot when said and done…
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by foreda View Post
            There is a 800 number you can call and they will route you to the correct place. I called there yesterday to get a quote for coating a set (4) set of old Jardine spaghetti's . Pretty expensive, $175 plus $50 to strip old chrome off and of course, shipping and handling.
            If you know how to use a spray gun or know someone who does, you can buy the ceramic coating kits from the Eastwood Company for $25- $50 . I have been tempted to try this.
            No chrome to strip...just crappy paint...I do not have the proper equipment to do this and I'd prefer to have it done professionally...heres a pic of my less than 1 year old Jardine exhaust...it was already painted once but not professionally,and it burned off in less than a month
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Web site

ok.. Then you need to call the 800 432 3379 .They will route you to the nearest store. Like I said earlier, 175 + 50 plus shipping. That is just for the headers and not the muffler. You're pipes are exactly like a set I am thinking about coating.
              78 XS1100E Standard
              Coca Cola Red
              Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by foreda View Post
                ok.. Then you need to call the 800 432 3379 .They will route you to the nearest store. Like I said earlier, 175 + 50 plus shipping. That is just for the headers and not the muffler. You're pipes are exactly like a set I am thinking about coating.
                Well the closest places to me aren't doing it anymore...so its either Phila...or Phoenixville PA and i would deliver and pickup myself...I have emailed these places and awaiting their response....
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Phoenixville PA

That's my neighborhood. If I can help let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by acof911 View Post
                    That's my neighborhood. If I can help let me know.
                    Thanks...I emailed them but I have not heard back as of yet...so by tmrw I will give them a call..if I am in the area I'll let you know. I didnt realize you were that close by...there are several XSives in Eastern PA area...EarlG in Allentown and rman is in Stroudsburg...I'm sure theres a few others too... nto to mention the Jersey contingent...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

madmax-im,
                      I have met EarlG, nice guy. He came down and bought a seat from me. I was hoping to get to XS East this year and meet everyone but me and my bike are still recovering from an accident a year ago. I'm getting better but I still haven't done anything to the XS yet.
                      Let me know if you are in the 'hood, maybe we can meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by acof911 View Post
                        madmax-im,
                        I have met EarlG, nice guy. He came down and bought a seat from me. I was hoping to get to XS East this year and meet everyone but me and my bike are still recovering from an accident a year ago. I'm getting better but I still haven't done anything to the XS yet.
                        Let me know if you are in the 'hood, maybe we can meet up.
                        Well Andy I was not really aware you had an accident...sorry to hear that..hope you're on the mend and can get that bike up to speed...I will let you know if and when I am coming your way...would love to meet up with any and all fellow XSives...
                        This Sunday I am going on a ride to Bear Mtn NY with Randy and hopefully EarlG and some others as well...sure hope the weather co-operates...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks and good luck w/ your ride to Bear Mt. It won't stop raining around here lately....

Comment

Packem Up

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                            Well the closest places to me aren't doing it anymore...so its either Phila...or Phoenixville PA and i would deliver and pickup myself...I have emailed these places and awaiting their response....
                            I have had two sets of XS head pipes, one set of V-Max pipes and at least half a dozen set's of race car headers coated by Jet Hot in their Sterling Silver coating and it's durable stuff. You can actually hit it with a hammer to dimple the pipe and it has no adverse effect on the coating.

On my drag race car, the outside of the pipe while running stays much cooler than it did when I painted the pipes with VHT paint and this results in less heat in the engine bay and according to the pros will add a little horsepower because of the heat retention qualities of the coating and I forgot too mention, they even coat the inside of the pipe.

To make a long story short, nobody paints their headers anymore and chrome will burn off before you get around the block and so the choice is yours, box your pipes up and ship them to Jet Hot via UPS or FedEx or paint them every time they start getting funky (often). You can go to UPS and buy the proper boxes or you can call Jet Hot and they will even send you the boxes. Just because there is no place in Philly that does this doesn't mean you can't get them done but it does cost money initially but in the long run you will be money ahead.
                            You can pack up your rusty old funked out pipes, take them to UPS and have them delivered to Jet Hot and in less than 3 weeks you will have a like new set of pipes in your choice of colors ready to put on your bike, it could not be easier.

I have been welding on, beating on, grinding on and painting headers and exhaust pipes for 30 years and this header coating thing is a no brainer and it's the simplest fix to an age old problem, funky looking headers and exhaust.

Good luck and start packing.

Dan
                            81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hodges View Post
                              I have had two sets of XS head pipes, one set of V-Max pipes and at least half a dozen set's of race car headers coated by Jet Hot in their Sterling Silver coating and it's durable stuff. You can actually hit it with a hammer to dimple the pipe and it has no adverse effect on the coating.

On my drag race car, the outside of the pipe while running stays much cooler than it did when I painted the pipes with VHT paint and this results in less heat in the engine bay and according to the pros will add a little horsepower because of the heat retention qualities of the coating and I forgot too mention, they even coat the inside of the pipe.

To make a long story short, nobody paints their headers anymore and chrome will burn off before you get around the block and so the choice is yours, box your pipes up and ship them to Jet Hot via UPS or FedEx or paint them every time they start getting funky (often). You can go to UPS and buy the proper boxes or you can call Jet Hot and they will even send you the boxes. Just because there is no place in Philly that does this doesn't mean you can't get them done but it does cost money initially but in the long run you will be money ahead.
                              You can pack up your rusty old funked out pipes, take them to UPS and have them delivered to Jet Hot and in less than 3 weeks you will have a like new set of pipes in your choice of colors ready to put on your bike, it could not be easier.

I have been welding on, beating on, grinding on and painting headers and exhaust pipes for 30 years and this header coating thing is a no brainer and it's the simplest fix to an age old problem, funky looking headers and exhaust.

Good luck and start packing.

Dan
                              Sound advice Dan...while its still riding season I think this would make an excellent winter project...I like the idea of a ceramic coating as opposed to paint...for all the reasons you state...plus they quarantee their work
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X