XS 1100 special rear tire size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS 1100 special rear tire size

My rear tire just says 90-16, it doesn't show the first number.
    It is also a Harley Davidson brand tire. not that it makes a difference but I find it funny how P'd Harley people get when they see "their" tire on my "rise burner" bike. I just smile when I pass them doing 80 and they are broke down on the side of the road.....
    Any how, I obviously get side tracked easily.
    I need to know what is the max tire size I can put in the rear. Can anyone help me? I saw a post about a 130 on the rear but I want to know for sure before I spend the $.

thanks,
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    1983 Honda Shadow 500 (profit project)
    1986 Honda Shadow 500 (wife's)

See if this might help you out...

Tire thread

81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

You should only use Harley branded tires if they are white wall. It helps attract their attention, so they can see that it is possible to exceed the speed rating on those tires if you have a decent bike.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I have a Dunlop E3 140/16 on the rear of my midnight special. I can ALMOST get a business card between the tire and the right swing arm/drive shaft. the 130-90/16 is the "stock" size tire, and any one in that size rang will fit.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

tire size

how is that 140 rear tire working 4 u??? i want to do the same..on my xs1100

Comment

I have about 3K miles on it! Works very well, and looks nice. You MUST put the blackwall tire on, not the raised white letter version, and it WILL be VERY close! Keep it aired up, about 38 PSI, and you should have no problems.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
            X