oil/brake warning light flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil/brake warning light flicker

In the middle of the instrument cluster is the oil/brake warning light(red) any ways it was flickering then i lost all power to my bike.After a multimeter check had power everywhere, then, nowhere a short time later(pun intended)Anyways I had a headlight issue before light realy was bad.So I had a jumper wire placed in the light relay connector.wala headlight and everything.then just two days ago after filling the tank turned key no light nor power at all.But a minute late power again! ran well but the warning light flicker as mentioned then no power at all. rectifier=good, continuity in headlight bucket from connector still no power,battery=good,losts of magnetic pull from alternator,all connectors checked good.is it my alternator?????? anyone got an idea how to check/solve my issues? 79xsspecial,steel braided brake lines,t-fork brace,4-1spagette kerker exhaust,less than 20,000 mileage.pickup coil fix,spage fuse box,
    Last edited by clyderider; 08-02-2009, 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey Cycle,

The Oil Warning/Brake light might just be a "RED" herring and have nothing to do with your problem, or just a coincidental event?

Okay, new fuseblock, so your main fuse should be okay, so I'd look at your main SWITCH...the thing you put the key in and turn. You can take it off, unplug it, and then apart....corrosion can occur there along with the wires actually coming unsoldered from the switch plate!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
    X