Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafe Headlight Cover

Hi guys,

I 've looked everywhere and I can't find one even though I know I just saw one a week ago. I'm looking that plastic shell that fits over the headlight to give it a little it a racer look. Also has anyone put that plastic airscoop that sits on the front bottom of the motor? JC Witney has a universal fit one, I was wondering what it would look like.

Thanks

Jim
    78 XS1100
    just bought...
    previous rides: 76 CB750 & 1988 Ducati Paso

Are you refering to something like this?

It's a Viper Fairing by Emgo. You can get them on FleaBay fairly reasonable. Takes a bit of work to get them too fit propper tho, expecially if you want to retain the stock turn signal location.
    Ray

'79 XS1100 Special - An XS Odyssey <<-- Click it, you know you want to!
    '07 FJR1300

Comment

Yes, that looks good. I think I saw one that was solid, without the screen but that one is nice.

Thanks
      78 XS1100
      just bought...
      previous rides: 76 CB750 & 1988 Ducati Paso

Comment

You could also check out Airtech Streamling's vintage section. Not specifically made for the XS, but you can make just about anything fit with enough willpower and duct tape
        Ray

'79 XS1100 Special - An XS Odyssey <<-- Click it, you know you want to!
        '07 FJR1300

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyshifts View Post
          has anyone put that plastic airscoop that sits on the front bottom of the motor? JC Witney has a universal fit one, I was wondering what it would look like.
          Here's one on the FJ1100.

With the low ground clearance we already have, and the lack of real benefit for our engine, I don't know that this would be a good idea on the XS though...
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Just get the cafe headlight fairing. The airscoop is just going to give you a little more work when you need to do an oil change. The headlight fairing is about $60-$70 everywhere. I got mine off e-bay and i love it.

1978 XS1100E Standard
            Kerker Exhaust
            Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
            TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
            Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

I was looking at the engine cowl for my LG.

Son and I decided it would be 'too' modern-looking with it; I like to old-school musclebike look.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
              X