My 81 xs1100 check it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 81 xs1100 check it out

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help on my build. Let me know what you think! Erik

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ewatson/with/3773108285/

Thanks again!

forplynu2,

Welcome,

See you have found a solution for the too small gas tank on the Special! Looks like a winner.

Rodger
    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Another rear racing stripe in the making!
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Nice, looks like it's ready to tear up the street!
        1978 XS1100E Standard
        Kerker Exhaust
        Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
        TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
        Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

omg... I just &%@#*! in my pants!!!!! you should get in touch with me on some of your mods... this is one bad 1100!
          1979 XS1100 special

Comment

Originally posted by forplynu2 View Post
            I just wanted to say thank you for all your help on my build. Let me know what you think! Erik - - -
            Hi Erik,
            I think you pushed almost all of my hot buttons.
            You have removed the rear suspension, all of the front fender and most of the rear fender. You have moved the pegs forward so it's impossible to take your weight on them. But WTF, it's your bike, your spine and your chiropractic bills.
            Ride safe and enjoy!
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I am diggin it brother, nice build
              "Beware of any man that owns a pig farm"
              "Hence the meaning of the Saying,.. As greedy as a pig"
              79 XS1100 modified standard
              Chain Drive, Monoshock,extendend hand built swingarm, 200 rear
              pod filters,150 mains,45 pilots
              straight pipe 4-2 exhaust
              new to me 05 Kawasaki zxr12r man does she fly
              Owned 83 Honda V65 Magna
              Owned 02 Vstar 650 classic
              owned 85 Honda Shadow VT 700C

Comment

Thanks I finally got the rear suspention, it was a week after I took this pic that the rear shocks showed up. No hard tail for me!!! My first ride on it, it was a hardtail. It rode pretty rough. I cut the springs off the old shocks because one was broke. So when I finished it I put the old shocks on it and of course they were depressed makeing it a hard tail. Just so I could ride the thing until the shocks came. Thanks for looking! Erik

Comment

Originally posted by forplynu2 View Post
                  Thanks I finally got the rear suspention, it was a week after I took this pic that the rear shocks showed up. No hard tail for me!!! My first ride on it, it was a hardtail. It rode pretty rough. I cut the springs off the old shocks because one was broke. So when I finished it I put the old shocks on it and of course they were depressed makeing it a hard tail. Just so I could ride the thing until the shocks came. Thanks for looking! Erik
                  Hi Erik,
                  OK, I forgive you. As one who mis-spent his youth back in the 1950s sawing up pre-war rigid framed bikes to put swingarm conversions on them, the thought of hard-tailing a suspended bike is just plain foolish.
                  About the rest of the machine, the seating position is not what a fat old man would choose but the pics show you to be young and slim so you'll be fine so long as you don't go riding in the rain.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hi Erik... you've done a fine job..bike looks really cool..I like it... Welcome to CH.11
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                    X