YICS Eliminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YICS Eliminator

Well I have been slow to install this tool...but its now done and the carbs re-synched and reset the idle...I have been saying alot of Wows' today...I cannot believe how well the Max is running...all the roughness at low rpms is gone its so smooth its purring like a kitty at idle. Throttle respnse is much improved and very crisp...for those of you who have the YICS system...I highly recommend the YICS Eliminator Tool...Larry this Rocks and so do you!
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Thank you, I do my best.

Larry
    Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
    82 XJ1100
    80 XS1100G (Project bike)
    64 Yamaha YA-6
    77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
    See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

I waited too..

Hey Madmax,
      I kind of tdid the same thing.....
      I let it sit around until I could synch them proper...
      And what a difference!!!!
      I also had to go up on my pilots to get rid a hesitation between 1.5k and 2.5k rpms.
      It rocks now.
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
        Hey Madmax,
        I kind of tdid the same thing.....
        I let it sit around until I could synch them proper...
        And what a difference!!!!
        I also had to go up on my pilots to get rid a hesitation between 1.5k and 2.5k rpms.
        It rocks now.
        I did not change any pilots just resynched and readjusted the idle...The YICS Eliminator just tweaked it that much more...what a huge improvement...wish I did it sooner...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hello, everybody! I'm a new user on the site and wanted to share my experience with the YICS Eliminator tool.

My carbs were way out of sync when I got my XJ1100. I found this thread on the site after seeing the YICS Eliminator on eBay when looking for a YICS tool. I picked the tool up from Larry, built myself a manometer with some aquarium hose and some transmission fluid, and went to work. The instructions sent with the part were very clear. I wasn't sure what to expect with the manometer, but it worked really well and I could sync to within an inch or two. I did one to two, then three to four, then synced the two sets. I repeated the process to refine it a little, but probably didn't need to.

I have thus far left the tool in, and it runs like a dream! I have yet to take it out for a real ride because I had a wiring problem with my charging system (fixed it) and I am working on the brakes.

Thanks, Larry!

Comment

Thank you Mikey and welcome to the site. Part of the fun of owning and riding these old bikes, is the satisfaction that one gets from fixing it up and keeping them on the road.

Happy and safe riding,
            Larry
            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
            82 XJ1100
            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
            64 Yamaha YA-6
            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

is it safe to leave it in? melt o-rings?

Comment

Its the YICS eliminator...mine is in permanently...The idea was to block off the YICS ports. No damage to the O rings
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                X