Second Ignition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Ignition?

I was working on the electrical and noticed a cover. So I moved it to the side and it looks like there is a second ignition down by the battery...Do all yours have this too? If not I am just going to assume the PO installed this down here. Also there is a switch next to it on the left side of the bike by the battery tray. What is that?

Thanks

-Rick
    1979 XS1100 Standard

Don't know Rick,maybe the PO installed an anti theft switch.
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Are you looking at the "side cover lock"? Number 9 in the image below.

Dave
      1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

What do you see that you are calling a "second ignition". Pictures always help. Is it a switch? LCDave identified the switch down low facing the front of the bike that works the side cover (or should anyway). Many bikes seem to have the latch that should go in that lock broken off the side cover so it does not lock.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Dangit! Yeah that is what it is...I was hoping it was some cool contraption that I might use for my build...So it holds on the side panel? Thanks for the help in identifying this guys!

-Rick
          1979 XS1100 Standard

Comment

Working...
          X