alteranting lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alteranting lights

how can i get my signals lights to alternate with my brake light simultaneously when i turn on my signals
    yamaha xs 1100
    4 into 1
    air cooled
    emco filters
    clubman bars
    one bad mofo riding it

Not sure I'm understanding your question, so I'll try my best to answer it...

The rear turn signals are not 2-filiment bulbs (at least mine aren't), and only the center tail light lights up when you hit the brake. If you want to make it so the rear turn signals ARE running/brake/turn lights, you'll have to modify the circuit with a different flasher and add some new wires and some 2-filiment bulbs. You'll also loose the auto-cancel feature on the turn signals. IF you go that route, you might as well switch over to LEDs for all your lights, to save on the draw from the battery. You'll also have to determine the legality in your area of changing your Amber turn signals RED, since brake lights must be RED. Not sure if it's legal to use red turn signals, though I think many cars do that...
    Last edited by CatatonicBug; 07-31-2009, 09:22 AM.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ichiro360 View Post
      how can i get my signals lights to alternate with my brake light simultaneously when i turn on my signals
      Hi Ichiro,
      You mean that you want your rear flashers to act as brake lights AND as signal lights?
      My Buick does this from the factory so it's even legal to do so. Mebbe switch your bike's rear signals from amber lenses to red ones?
      You can buy a ~$20 adapter at NAPA that allows a separate signal lamp vehicle (like your bike is now) to tow a trailer that has combined stop/signal lights.
      By utilising such an adapter module and modifying the bike's wiring you can have your rear signals act in that way.
      My son is in process of eliminating the rear signals on his sidecar rig to combine the bike & the sidecar's brake lights into also being signal lights by using that same module.
      Last edited by fredintoon; 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
      X