Which one is the header gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one is the header gasket?

I am looking for the gasket that sits at the top of the header pipes, at the top of the bike, not on the bottom...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...=p4506.c0.m245

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FJ110...=p4506.c0.m245
    1979 XS1100 Standard

header gasket

you want the ones on the second link that you have posted these are the ones that go in the head and the header pipe goes against them
    4/78 xs1100 standard
    Pacifico fairing 4 into one exhaust

new name :black Knight

I am but a student in this world of xsive masters

Comment

The ones that are in it LOOK like their rubber...These seem to be made of some kind of metal. I like the price of those ones, being all in a set, but I just want to make sure I get the right thing.

-Rick
      1979 XS1100 Standard

Comment

The second ones are correct. And I would add the seller to your "favorites" list. I've picked up a lot of brake and carb parts from him, and been VERY happy with the products he handles. JMHO
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Exhaust Gaskets

Got a question I found these. I want to know whats the difference between these and which would be better or does it matter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAH...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FJ110...=p4506.c0.m245
          Eric (South of Greensboro, NC)
          82 XJ1100 "Echos" Mostly Stock
          Matthew 4:19 "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

Comment

The seller georgefix is in Florida, and the parts with shipping are less money. I KNOW they fit and work like OEM, as I've used them. The first site you listed is in Canada, and shipping will probably take longer, with customs and extra money involved.
            You make the call.......
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG

Comment

Header gasket question

I just bought a 79SF with a Kerker pipe. Looks like I'll have to remove the pipes to change the filter. Do I have to replace the exhaust gaskets every time I change the oil??
              79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
              79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
              79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

Comment

Hey 65Olds,

Tod/Trbig has reported that he has removed and replaced his exhausts several times reusing the old exhausts gaskets. They are a crush style, and depending on how crushed they get when you put new ones in, there might be some crushable distance when you put them back on again. An exhaust leak can cause running/tuning problems, even damage to exhaust valves, even damage to the head! They are faily cheap, like a set of 4 for a few bucks....relatively cheap insurance!? YMMV! That's the price folks have to pay for KERKER performance!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Looks like I'll have to remove the pipes to change the filter
                  Why, I just oiled the pipes under the filter!. No, really, I did! I could just get the filter cup out without pulling the pipes. But then, I guess I'm just lazy.
                  But if you DO pull the headers, change the gaskets. If you buy a large supply, say 20, you may be able to get a break on the price.
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG

Comment

Working...
                  X