No announcement yet.

My new XS!!! - photos!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how anyone can say that seat looks good. That thing is UGLY! Get rid of it FAST! Oh, and what's the rainbow-bright thing stuck to the right front down-tube?
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

The colorful stuff on the down tube is comprised of 2 things: a long, thin sticker of multiple countries' flags and a bunch of different colored zip ties over top of it. I have no idea why its there. It won't be there much longer.

Workin on a deal for a seat swap.
      79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
      79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
      79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

Comment

If swmbo won't ride with ya, the only other practical use I can think of for that enormous backrest would be to do the little trick I've seen Trbig do on trips... slide his backpack down over it to secure it vertically... works pretty well. But if you don't plan on too many trips... I'd swap it.

Sorry to hear you had to sell your nice Olds today... she was a rare beauty.
        Thanks for the pic.

I feel your pain, Sir. Reminds me of the day I sold my '67 2 dr. Sports Coupe Ford Falcon. Similar color w/ black side stripes, factory hood scoop w/ the turn signal lights in the back of the scoop, round rear taillights, 289 H.O., factory 4 speed, bucket seats, posi, cammed, 4 bbl, dual exhaust & headers...low 13 second quarters... turned heads everywhere I went. 76,000 original miles. They only built 2068 of them. Mine was # 1236. Lots of great memories in that old car... but I had a wife, 2 babies, and a lotta bills...
        -I understand.
        Regards,
        Bob
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Both Derwat and I have that same seat on our specials.

Derwat has the chrome sissy bar that goes with it, but I just have the stock rail. Haven't been able to find one for an 80 Special.

I've been thinking I should sell my old Monte Carlo too, but I know I won;t get enoughout of it to feel good about selling it.
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I'm working out a deal with 8SpadeEpiphany for a seat swap. I think it will happen. He wants my seat and I want his.

As for the Cutlass, I got about $500 more than I paid for it 5 years ago. Of course, I put way more $$ into it than that (aluminum radiator, trans cooler, tires, chrome goodies under the hood, 442 quarter panel scoops, 442 badges, seat belts, battery, starter and the usual maintenance stuff). In this economy, it is a buyer's market for stuff like this. I try not to think of it as losing money on the car. I got to own this beautiful machine for 5 years and learned a lot about cars, engines, etc.

I was planning on rebuilding a 455 and turbo 400 to put into it. I already bought a bunch of parts for it and had the block cleaned, mag'd and bored .030 over. I started to assemble the engine but ran into a problem. The new I-beam connecting rods are thicker than the stock rods and the block needs to be clearanced to make room for the thicker rods. I was going to have the machine shop do the work because I didn't want to grind too deep and ruin the block. The abrupt job change brought things to a screeching halt. The block and boxes of parts have been just sitting in the garage for over a year. It's really quite depressing. At least I've got the XS now....something to take my mind off of the car for a while. I still have to make that pile of car parts go away. Anybody want to buy some Olds big block parts??
            79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
            79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
            79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

Comment

That cutlass is sweet ! I had a 65 442 I raced in high school in the 80s...Broke my heart to have to sell her. Have regreted it ever since !!! But the XS will keep you going....

Comment

Working...
              X