My new XS!!! - photos!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new XS!!! - photos!!!

I've been looking for a long while to find the replacement for the one that got away. This week I found it....finally. It's not currently running. Been sitting for 18 months. PO said that he thought it would fire up with just a good carb cleaning and synch. Also said it has the 2nd gear problem. It was hard as hell to push...calipers sticking. Tail lights don't work either. Not hardly any rust at all except for the battery box. NO RUST inside the tank at all. Too bad it has that big dent in it. Kerker pipes should clean up really nicely. Tires are suspect. Only paid $300 for it!!! The only thing I don't like is the seat. Anybody got a flat seat they want to get rid of for a 79 SF?

I filled and charged the battery and the other lights came on. It turns over by hand. I have filters and plugs ordered. Nobody around here carries filters in stock. I dont wanna attempt starting her until I get some fresh fluids/filters in her.

Boy, is SWMBO pissed. I just brought the bike home without telling her first and allowing her a chance to talk me out of it. Wait until I bring home the $150 parts bike that I found. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission though. Until SWMBO settles down, I'm naming the bike "Divorce Maker." She's got a long "honey-do" list for me. I think I'm gonna have to take care of that before I can spend any real time working on the bike. Let me know what you think.

79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box
    79 XS1100 SF - parts (for now) - "Divorce Maker II"
    79 XS1100 SF "The one that got away" sold in 1993.

Nice find... and look at all that garage space for extra parts and a lift and toolboxes full of goodies, lol.

I just hope your bondo ventures go better than mine
    Josh Yoquelet -- I'm having dreams of my XS
    '79 XS11SF "stock"- 4/1 Kerker, T.C.'s fuse block
    '79 XS11SF "bobber"- Rotted in a pine tree for 10 years
    '81 Air forks w/23,000 miles
    New steering head races and bearings
    '78/'79 standard wire harness
    Drag bars, w/Mikes controls
    T.C.'s fuse block
    PNM Coils
    7mm Dyna Wires
    NGK Resistor Caps
    Custom 1" clutch and 9/16" MC

http://xs11bobber.tripod.com

Comment

Great deal,That exhaust is almost worth the purchase itself
      80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

10K Miles!

Nice.
        Days are for Hunny Doos, nights are all mine!
        XS1100SF
        XS1100F

Comment

What's wrong with that seat? All you need is some fuzzy dice to hang off the back and you're all set.
          Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by xs11bobber View Post
            Nice find... and look at all that garage space for extra parts and a lift and toolboxes full of goodies, lol.
            The garage space currently is housing my 65 Cutlass. It is, however, up on ebay/cl right now. SWMBO gets that half of the garage if/when the Cutlass sells. The other half is full of tools, bikes, car parts, furniture, etc. Barely enough room for the bike.
            79 XS1100 SF - name TBD - possibly "Divorce Maker" Kerker 4 into 1, K&N filter in stock air box

Comment

If you don't change out the seat, and you can convince SWMBO to ride w/ ya, she might actually like that back rest...

Especially if you get the XS to running good!

It'll come in handy for her...

Plus... don't forget what SWMBO means....or your bike's name might become a reality!

Best of luck, and I like the bike, by the way!
              '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
              "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

When I had my bikes years ago, SWMBO would take an occasional ride with me. She didn't like it at all. I did have a sissy bar on all of them but she still didn't like it. She said that the sissy bar was better than nothing but she still didn't feel safe. I doubt that she would ever ride on a bike again, especially with me. When we were on vacation, she wanted to go parasailing but didn't want to go together. (She was afraid to do it by herself too. ) She said "what if something happens and we both die together while doing it?" She's afraid that the kids wouldn't have any parents...really paranoid.

Any way, I need a real seat for the bike. Anybody??

Also, I had a guy come and buy my Cutlass today. It is a sad day. He called around 2:00pm and said he could be at my place around 5:00pm. I thought he wasn't going to show up but he sure did....around 5:45 with a wad of cash and a pickup towing a car trailer. That's the fastest I've ever sold anything off of cl. At least I can pay my property tax and homeowners ins...plus maybe some bike parts. I guess my name for the forum will stay 65oldsboy even though the car is gone. Here's a pic of the car.

Comment

Hey 65'
                  The bikes come up really sweet,
                  I actually like the seat, if you dont want it, you can always stick it up
                  on ebay, the odd cpl ive seen go for sale fetch a good price.
                  I bet it was a sad day having to sell your car,
                  couldnt help but notice how close the car looks to my brothers
                  64 GT Ford Capri, (british knock off of the mustang) ill stick a pic of it when i find 1.
                  pete

new owner of
                  08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
                  1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
                  zrx carbs
                  18mm float height
                  145 main jets
                  38 pilots
                  slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
                  fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

If nobody on the forum wants the seat I have, it will go to ebay. But not until I get a different seat. I'm going to need something to sit on when I get it running.

Comment

I wouldn't mind trading

Seriously, I have a flat seat but my lady would love to trade, also I like the look of that seat. My seat is in great shape and was recently recovered before I bought the bike. Take a look at these picks and lemme know. It's a 79 Special as well, private message me if interested.

---------------------------------------------------

1979 XS1100 Special - "Viera"

Comment

Ok... I have had a TON of fun working on my SF, but somehow your transaction doesn't make sense. Bye bye '65 olds and hello '79SF??? I think you were swindled by SWMBO. I think I would've cried
                        Josh Yoquelet -- I'm having dreams of my XS
                        '79 XS11SF "stock"- 4/1 Kerker, T.C.'s fuse block
                        '79 XS11SF "bobber"- Rotted in a pine tree for 10 years
                        '81 Air forks w/23,000 miles
                        New steering head races and bearings
                        '78/'79 standard wire harness
                        Drag bars, w/Mikes controls
                        T.C.'s fuse block
                        PNM Coils
                        7mm Dyna Wires
                        NGK Resistor Caps
                        Custom 1" clutch and 9/16" MC

http://xs11bobber.tripod.com

Comment

I knew the Olds had to go before I bought the XS. I got laid off a while ago. I found a new job in about a month. I now make a lot less money than I used to make. Property tax and homeowners ins are due. I couldn't justify adding that to the credit card balances. SWMBO actually wanted me to keep the car and get rid of the XS. She hates motorcycles.

Comment

Sorry you had to sell the car.But the new bike has some personality I think you're going to enjoy it a lot.Great buy!!

Terry
                            1980 special (Phyllis)
                            1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Yup. That seat looks way different from the regular flat ones but I have a seat like that and the passengers just LOVE it. They can lean back and relax. Really helps their "comfort level" on hard accelerations and on those twisties.

Congrats on the new bike!

Comment

Working...
                              X