Clutch slipping - synthetic oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
    If I were you, I would start with the carb cleaning and forget about changing jets for now, it shouldn’t be needed. I run a 4-1 header with everything else stock and I was able to get my bike to run very well without changing any jets. I had a discussion about adjusting carbs and which method is the "best" but it’s open to interpretation. Feel free to read through this, you might want to check float height and maybe adjust the needle height eventually...? Good luck and welcome.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23195
    Where can I get a 4into1 jardine exhaust header? I can't seem to find one. Thanks
    1979 xs1100sp ? That's all I know of
    As of right now.

Comment

They dont make the Jardine 4-1 anymore. If you really want to, you could make a post in the wanted parts for one. Someone might have one kicking around they might want to sell. Expect to pay over $250 for a nice but used one... There is a nice 4-2 header on ebay, no mufflers, it might be worth your time though... Good luck.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

This guy has a 4-1 for sale. Peruse the parts section you might find anotherone too!

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...013#post224013
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Working...
        X