No announcement yet.

107 hp xs11 dyno run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me, I read somewhere that Yamaha fudged on the horsepower rating just like they did on the cc's when they first introduced the bike, even though at that time there was a race to the 100hp mark they were afraid it would be banned if people found out the true hp so they purposely down rated it below 100hp to play it safe, and some of the testers said it had to much power for what it was rated at. Like maybe they stated it as crank hp instead of rear wheel hp.
    Fastmover
    "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
    lion". SHL
    78 XS1100e

Comment

dyno

Not trying to take away from the bike. Its super nice. Just thought I would toss out some numbers. Went to Cassoday today and watched the bike dyno for a while. 600cc Honda sportbike stock made 108hp. A Busa made 177. These new bikes flat make some power. 108 out of 600cc's

ed

Comment

Hp

On the day we (Club Laverda Qld) had a dyno shootout and gave trophies for the most HP in 3 catagories,
        up to 750cc.............Kwaka ZX636R 119hp
        over 750cc..............Yam Vmax 191hp
        V twin.....................HD V rod 126hp

my old xs11 barely hit the charts - I did have the machine dyno'd before I started fiddling with it and the result was 87hp (at over 100,000km old)
        Bryan
        Last edited by aussixs11G; 09-06-2009, 10:33 PM.
        Bryan H

"Conan, what's best in life?"
        "To crush your enemies, drive them before you and the lamentation of their women"

Comment

something else about the new sport bikes ... 600's they might dyno at 100 hp but they only have about 40 torq! that's a big difference!
          " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
          xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
          8mm msd wires
          tkat fork brace...
          Fox shocks...
          mikes650 front fender
          led's gallore...
          renthal bars
          gold valve emulators
          vmax tensioner
          Rifle fairing

Comment

A local bike shop is having another Dyno day on 9/19, so I am thinking about taking my MNS over there. It's $25 for 3 runs and a printout, but I don't know if it's really worth it. Maybe I'll ride over and watch the other bikes for a while and make my decision while I'm there.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

just do it!

CatatonicBug - mate just do it - my Laverda owning mates had never dyno before July either and they bit the bullet (the best was 78hp for a RGS)
              Bryan H

"To crush your enemies, drive them before you and the lamentation of their women"

Comment

600's

Yeah I know they dont make big torque numbers. Dont get me wrong. I love the torque of a litre class bike. But a current 600 would walk off and leave these bikes. I would rather ride a litre class bike due to the great torque and power. You dont have to scream the bike to make power. But 16,000 rpms on a 600. wow

ed

Comment

Originally posted by aussixs11G View Post
                  CatatonicBug - mate just do it - my Laverda owning mates had never dyno before July either and they bit the bullet (the best was 78hp for a RGS)
                  I went over to the event, not really thinking I would do the dyno run. It was kinda late in the day, and the crowd had thinned a bit. I was met by a guy who starteed asking me about my bike before I even had my helmet off! Evidently he has an XS850, and kept saying his bike was "just like" mine. I just smiled and nodded...

Anyway, I looked around at some of the other bikes there, and even went inside to drool over the 2 FJR's they had in there. I went back out to watch them finishing a dyno run with a sport bike. Then, a custom Hardley pulled up. They strapped it in, and a tech climbed into the saddle. They struggled with the straps to get it properly tied down, but finally got it right. They ran the test, and was on the final decelleration, when the tech was suddenly ejected off the bike to one side!!

It turned out that the strap on the right side was resting on the pipes, and actually MELTED! Thankfully, there were enough people around to keep the bike from falling over, and the tech from hitting the ground. The black nylon strap left a nasty melt mark on the shiny straight pipes. I can only imagine how that tech probably felt when the bike tossed him off, and the owner of the bike was probably rather upset by it too...

Needless to say, I decided to stay away from the dyno machine this time. Just another example of why you should not let even "experienced" people do anything to YOUR bike.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

Catatonic - mate
                    "discretion is the better part of valor" thats what my mum used to say - but she also said that "if wishes were horses beggars would ride"
                    sounds like a shoddy set-up - you did well to resist the temptation

Bryan
                    Bryan H

Comment

dyno runs

We had a dyno day up here a while back were the owner rode the bike not the tech.

My turn came, strapped it down & gave it a fist full. The old tech looked at me and asked is that it? Iasked what was wrong, he asked was that full WOT?
                      Never having done one before I was allowed a second crack at it ,this time I rolled my hand over the top for a bigger twist, like yours Bryan it touched 92, top speed 225 & got a big smile from a tech who must have a soft spot the oldies
                      never ride faster than your gaurdian angel
                      can fly

1981 rh 5N5
                      MIDNIGHTSPECIAL
                      1188cc
                      4 into 1 pipes with a transac muffler,
                      as the motorcycling gods intended everything else stock std

http://s856.photobucket.com/home/steptoexs11
                      http://steptoexs11.webs.com/
                      http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

1982 vf750 sabre

Comment

Working...
                      X