• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Parts XS1100

Hi Guys
    Stupid question but where do i get my regular service parts from
    1.e S/plugs, Oil, Filter, A/Filter , Ht Leads Etc ETc
    i mean are these universal parts i can buy at any bike store or auto shop ?

Excuse my ignorance but i know i need Engine/Body/Electrics on line or from a used parts place, but just the normal service items

Thanks
    Kevin

I get most of my service parts from a local auto supply. I try to find the "less expensive" oil filters, as I change them often. Spark plugs and oil are the main things I buy. I have a K&N air filter, so it just gets washed and re-oiled. I run Red Line 75W90 synthetic oil in the middle and final drives, so it will go for about 25K miles. I don't buy valve cover gaskets, I use "the right stuff" from permatex. Best thing I've tried in years.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

You can get plugs and oil at a auto parts store.
      You can get oil filters on ebay ,partsnmore,and bike bandit among other places.
      Mikesxs sells xs650 parts but some parts will work for the 11's.But mikes xs will tell you he doesnt sell xs11 parts.So if you need coils or some other part that he sells ,just search here and you will find answers about things that will fit.
      HT leads?Is that high tension leads?Like plug wires?
      Plug wires are molded into the coils.You are better off upgrading to 3 ohm coils from mikesxs and using new leads.IIRC.I havent needed to do this mod yet ,but word is it makes way better spark than stock.
      80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Working...
      X