phillips moto vision light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phillips moto vision light

hello i bought a phillips motovision h4 headlight yesterday. it glows kind of an orange color and it's long and skinny..
    anybody had luck with these at night? i do 90% of my riding in the dark. it looks half the size of a normal bulb.
    i have also used a silverstar one step down from the ultra and it sucked! i just replaced my tail lights with some nice led's so they don't draw any juice from the headlight when i hit the breaks. i also installed a small extra led bulb under the tail light above the license plate. i wanted it to come on with just the brake light. i have it wired that way but i guess there is some juice carrying over somewhere and it's lighting up anyway. i would think even without a load equalizer that it would not come on unless the switch is actuated... any ideas?
    thanks
    chris
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Hi Yamahansolo, is there a documented mod for the LED tail lights that you can point me too or a ebay part or somethin? I wouldnt mind doing the same for mine, I hate how the light dims when I hit the breaks! Let me know, thanks. GL with everything.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Try this link..

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ed+tail+lights
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

i thought i'd use 1 led and one 1157 bulb but for somereason with the normal bulb hooked up the led won't brighten for the brakes. if i have two led bulbs in there they stay dimmer until hitting the brakes and then they get brighter when you hit it. i also got a little 3 led light from walmart on the clearance isle for 5 bucks it fits right under the taillight perfectly and gives a little extra light so people can see you. i still don't know about this phillips light though! i'll keep yall posted...
        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
        X