Handle Bar Control Cross Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle Bar Control Cross Reference

I’m looking for handle bar controls for an 78 XS1100E and would like to know if the controls for a 78 XS650 will work. Here are more details with pictures: http://xs650temp.proboards.com/index...r&thread=13105
    My heros have always been flat trackers.

Good news and bad ...

The bad: Mikes XS controls are not a direct swap ... wires will have to be grafted to your connectors.

The good: It has been reported that they will work if you do the above.

As an alternative, you might try finding some parts for the ones you have. These switches very 'rebuildable' if you have the time, patience and extra good parts. Have you contacted Andreas?
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Wiz,

I was afraid the pin outs wouldn't match up even if the button and switches were the same

Your right, these are very rebuildable. Looks like the best option is the salvage yard or Ebay to get a cheap set and part it out.

BTW, Andreas sold his only one earlier this week.

Thanks for the reply
      My heros have always been flat trackers.

Comment

I have rebuilt my switches for my modified bike. I recommend you take photos of the inners so you will get them back together the same as they were.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
        X