windshield for bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windshield for bike?

my xj1100 came with a jammer on it. the windshield got cracked and i am not having any luck trying to find a replacement. yamaha has told me that i cant get one. any suggestions anyone. i have a pic of a bike that has the same jammer on it so if need be cud email photo. it appears to not be very common. i have only found a couple of bikes on line with the same jammer on it. thanks for any help....tony

If its a Vetter Fairing (Windjammer), shields are pretty easy to come by via E-bay. I have a Vetter Windjammer and I cut my own shields from acyrlic palstic. Need pic to ID what fairing ou actually have.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Here is the link to Slipstreamer. They sell replacement windshields for Vetter fairings.
      http://www.slipstreamer.com/Product/...g/pricing.html
      78E ... Gone but not forgotten
      2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

You can get new windshields for the windjammer fairings directly from craigvetter.com.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Tony...Welcome to CH.11! As has been stated above you can find it all on ebay...do a search for Vetter and almoost always someone is selling replacement windshields...XJs' are great bikes...I know 'cuz i've had one 26 yrs heres my Max...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            heres my Max...
            Showoff!
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

You need to make sure it's a Windjammer fairing before you order a windshield for it, and don't believe everything you read on Ebay, right now there is a guy trying to sell a factory Honda 500 Interstate fairing as a Vetter.
              Fastmover
              "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
              lion". SHL
              78 XS1100e

Comment

well i still haven't found anything remotely close to mine. have a pic but don't know how to post it on here. anyone explain how to do that?

Comment

Upload your pictures to your page. 640X480 size. Hold the cursor over the pic you want to upload and you will get a short menu. Put the cursor over the IMG link, right click and hit copy. Then just paste it into your message here. Be sure to put your photo on a different line from your text. Or leave a blank line.

Should look just about like this.

By the way, Welcome.

Rodger
                  Last edited by latexeses; 07-13-2009, 01:26 AM.
                  RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                    Showoff!
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

pic of bike

ok this is a pic of the fairing/jammer

Comment

Originally posted by tony cook View Post
                        ok this is a pic of the fairing/jammer

Comment

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that does not look like a Vetter fairing of any model. Definitely NOT a Windjammer. Are those built-in lowers, or are they just mounted and hard to tell where the seam is?
                          1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

the lowers are mounted on. it has a square headlamp.

Comment

If you can post a shot from the front, it would help. Most of the Vetter fairings have an "arc" on the front lower part of the shield. Some of the later models have this arc covered with a plastic bit. If it does NOT have an arc, you will need to do a little more research to get the proper shield.
                              Look at the photo latexeses posted. The center bike has a vetter design Yamaha fairing. It takes the same shield as almost all windjammers. That's me on the yellow bike, getting ready for a test ride.
                              Welcome to the site!
                              Ray Matteis
                              KE6NHG
                              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X