mikes xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikes xs

i just purchased a set of handlebar switches from mikes xs for my 1100. i hope the work they look like the same ones i have on my bike now. has any body tried these on their xs1100. will i encounter any problems installing them on my xs. any info appreciated thanks, jack
    79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Connectors were different on the one I bought from MikeXS. Inside electrics the same. I put new connectors on the wiring harness to match, or you can splice into the original switches harness.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by ELDR View Post
      Connectors were different on the one I bought from MikeXS. Inside electrics the same. I put new connectors on the wiring harness to match, or you can splice into the original switches harness.
      thanks, eldr i have them on order all the control switches are the same as mine but, the emergency flasher they dont have that, i can live without those. thanks again, starting to think everyone was pissedd at me. close to 100 views and no response.
      79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

i have a set and otherr than the connectors they are the same......and the cats hind parts they work great
        when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
        '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
        '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
        '78 Cadillac Seville
        Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Hey Rowdy,

I haven't used the MIkesXS ones, got some other earlier model XS11 set from a breaker, didn't have the ER flasher switch. I got a DPDT switch, spliced into the wiring at the flasher unit, and the harness to access both flasher sides. Ran the power from the flasher to the middle terminals, connected one pair of the end terminals to the turn signals, mounted the switch to the frame behind the left side cover. Works fine, and when the switch is thrown all the way to the other side, separates the circuits so that the turn signals still work. There might be a different way to splice into the wires near the switch but haven't investigated it that far, was done many years and much more ignorance ago!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Y'all know that Mikes has chrome handlebar switches? They would look bitchin on a set of black bars.

Comment

Working...
            X