yamaha Xs100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha Xs100

hi can anyone help im looking at a yamamha Xs100 and the guy who is sellling it told me that this model does not have a choke is this true? thanks Kev

Choke

It is not technically a choke. It is a enriches the mixture, however it does have a handle just like a "real choke".
    78 XS1100E Standard
    Coca Cola Red
    Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

This is what I posted on your other thread.

Unless the bike has different carbs that what came from the factory, the 79 should have a lever on the left side of the carbs (left as you sit on the machine) that pulls a rod out on all 4 carbs activating the enrichening circuits. If there is no lever or rod then you are missing some parts.

In a way the owner is right in that the XS1100 does not have a choke since the device does not close the airway through the carbs. It is more of an enrichener in that it adds more fuel on starting to acomplish the same end result.
      Mike Giroir
      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

It may not technically be a choke, but even Yamaha put the word "Choke" on the lever handle. The rubber thingy on the handle identifies it. (mine's bent over, where most aren't)

1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Better tell him it's not supposed to be bent 90deg like that!

The rubber end should point up, at just a slight angle away from the bike so you can get your thumb on it.
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

the only other thing to keep in mind when using our fuel enrichment system is that if you open the throttle you lose the extra fuel, and can crank it a long long time without it starting. if you do that with a choke system you flood it badly.
            Alias Larry R in Kelso WA

When in dought, punch it.
            XS1100LG Precious current
            XS1100SF Ruby gone to a better home
            KZ900B MIA stolen (ALL bike thieves MUST GET OFF THE PLANET more politically correct ???)

Comment

Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post
              Better tell him it's not supposed to be bent 90deg like that!

The rubber end should point up, at just a slight angle away from the bike so you can get your thumb on it.
              I did!

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
              (mine's bent over, where most aren't)
              Thankfully, I just got a non-bent one that I'll be installing soon.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
              X