does a yamaha Xs11 have a choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does a yamaha Xs11 have a choke

Pleases could anyone help im looking at buying a Yamaha Xs100 went to see one yesterday and when i aske the guy selling it where was the choke he said the bike doesnt have one ? Is this true? thanks Kev

Not true... they dont run well when cold without one... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23386 Check this thread for more details
    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

choke on yamaha Xs110

Thanks mate, so do you think this means that it has snapped off on the bike i was looking at?

Comment

That would be my guess. It would be an easy temporary fix though. The permanent fix might be a bit more difficult, but I wouldn't think it would be that hard if you know much about carbs.
        If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

The XS11 doesn't have a choke as such. It is an enricher. It has a system that runs raw fuel into the carbs. It doesn't restrict the air to the carbs as a regular choke does.
          RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Latexeses is correct, the XS enrichens the fuel level going to the engine instead of choking off the air flow to accomplish the same result.

To the un informed and average person on the street, same thing. It does have the lever shown (oe should) and that lever should be able to pull half way out or al the way out and hold position.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by kevinbarzotelli View Post
              Pleases could anyone help im looking at buying a Yamaha Xs100 went to see one yesterday and when i aske the guy selling it where was the choke he said the bike doesnt have one ? Is this true? thanks Kev
              Hi Kev and welcome to the XS/XJ11 site.
              your seller is telling the literal truth. As has been posted, it's not a choke which strangles the air entering the carbs, it's an enrichener which dumps in more fuel.
              If he was being a smartass or if the lever was busted off or if he was plain ignorant, I dunno. If the lever is broken or missing you should be able to grab the end of the enrichener pull-rod with a pair of pliers and pull it out, one click for 1/2-way and two clicks for fully enriched.
              BTW, where are you at? Not that we'd track you down to steal your stuff but there could be a fellow list member quite near to you who just might be of help.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                BTW, where are you at? Not that we'd track you down to steal your stuff but there could be a fellow list member quite near to you who just might be of help.
                I'm sorry i had to LOL you made me spill some of my coffeee!!
                1978 XS1100E Standard
                Kerker Exhaust
                Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

Working...
                X