OE saddlebags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OE saddlebags

Looking through the site I ran across a picture of original equipment saddlebags that are identical to mine. Does anyone have a list or copy of what accessories Yamaha sold in '78?
    1978 XS 1100 E Full Dress
    Patiently waiting to be restored back to life!

I don't have a copy, but I can pretty much tell you what was in the "full dress" kit they sold. I put my '78 together from the crate, with the fairing, lowers, bags, engine guards, rear shocks, front springs, luggage rack, and VDO oil temp guage. I didn't like the Yamaha box, so I picked up a HD style glass box and painted it with a rattle can of the OEM "Macho Maroon" from the dealer.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

What about the pretty front fender on this one? Was that OEM?

1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

No, the fender was not available through the Yamaha channels at the time, but then, the rear box AND the alarm system on the seat are all aftermarket items.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
        X