Just figuring out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just figuring out

Thanks to those who helped me figure out which bike I had. Next learning question, Was the xj1100 ever painted white with a sparse glitter in the paint, or could this be aftermarket?. I'm still in the process of securing the title to see what's on it. Thanks, Otis47

Nope.. no white..

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by otis47 View Post
      Thanks to those who helped me figure out which bike I had. Next learning question, Was the xj1100 ever painted white with a sparse glitter in the paint, or could this be aftermarket?. I'm still in the process of securing the title to see what's on it. Thanks, Otis47
      Hi Otis,
      white is kinda Germanic. Home-market Euro bikes, especially BMWs are factory-painted white. But white with glitter? It is to barf at the thought.
      What colour you gonna paint it?
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

paint job

Thanks for the replies. My son has just found out that the bike was originally black, although the the white looked pretty good, we're probably going back with black unless another color pops in my head. Hope to have before pics posted soon.

Comment

Lorax did his up one time in a deep candy red, almost maroon. That looked SWEET!! IF ever I repaint, that color is definitely on my list!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

That color was a duplicolor truck van & suv burgundy. I painted a cream colored base coat underneath the burgundy, it was planned to be kind of two toned sides of the tsnk being a cream color, but didn't feel like fooling aroun with anymore masking on the tank, and just painted the burgundy on top of the cream, kinda serendipitous, I really liked that paint job, too bad it went to hell like all my paint work does have a nice day and ride safe
            I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

I read this tread but I don't know what "germanic"or "serendipitous" mean.So I'm going to vote black.I think the XJ'S look cool in black. Terry
              1980 special (Phyllis)
              1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

look em up in your dick n mary

Comment

Kinda hard to photograph because the camera doesnt pick it up well, but my bike is a deep metalflake purple/blue over a black base. Base coat is black, overcoated with metalflake laquer with a purple tint, and then several top coats of clear. At least I think thats the order. It was done by the PO and looks black on a dull day and at night but on a bright day when the sun is out it shows up the purple tint. It looks really good and draws lots of comments. Its a little battle scarred now but I intend repainting the same colour.
                  1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                  2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
                  X