No announcement yet.

Stall under acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best way IMHO, is to cap off the front petcock outlets (prime). Then run a line from the left rear outlet across to carbs 3+4. Run a line from the right rear outlet across to carbs 1+2. Put in-line fuel filters in these lines somewhere in the middle. The prime position is no longer needed, just use on, off, or reserve. HTH
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Success!!!

SUCCESS!!! She is running smooth and begging to be ridden, it was a problem with the octy, I removed it from the mix and just went direct from the On/Res hose to the carbs and tadaa. I've just got to remember to turn the petcocks off every time now.

Thank you all for your great and helpful input probably would have taken me weeks to figure out on my own. I do have a 1980 1100 Special that I use the octy off of assuming that one works, for now I'm happy. I leave for vacation on Thursday and am just glad to have it running right before I leave.

Thanks again all, and I look forward to being able to contribute to someone elses issues once I'm a little more XS savvy.

Comment

Glad you got her going. Ride safe!
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I can't see your diagrams, but the easiest way to be rid of the octopus is to throw it as far as you can, and cap off the vacuum port on the #2 intake boot, and forward nipple on each petcock, that is the prime port. You will not need it. Run a line from the rear nipple of the each petcock to the carbs on the opposite side of the bike. That helps to eliminate kinks. Fuel will flow from the petcocks in the run and reserve positions. Like TC said, just remember to turn the fuel on and off each time.

Comment

Working...
          X