Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Holder.

Hi,
    I'm starting with restoring my 81RH 1.1, there was no battery in the bike when I got it, only a metal bracket that appears to be the part that would sit ontop of the battery, and maybe have rubber straps that hold it on?

Can anybody tell me if the battery holder for the 81 model is the same as an XS1100E 78 model as I have come across one that is being parted, or a photo of how it looks would help.

Thanks once again.

Lou
    81RH 1.1

Hey Lou,

I am not certain, but I would doubt they changed that over the years. Based upon the fiche they look to be the same.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Hi Lou,

Battery parts are the same across all models. Sounds like you are missing the rubber piece (2) that goes under the top clamp (5) and then the metal strap (3) that diagonally goes across the front of the battery.

Here is a picture:

'84 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Shappers View Post
        Hi Lou,

Battery parts are the same across all models. Sounds like you are missing the rubber piece (2) that goes under the top clamp (5) and then the metal strap (3) that diagonally goes across the front of the battery.

Here is a picture:

Hi Shappers,

So not only do I need to get parts listing 2 &3 but I will also need to get hold of parts no 6 & aswell as the only part that came with the bike was part number 5?

What is 11 12 and 13???

Thankyou so much for your help.

Lou
        81RH

Comment

Originally posted by beemeerr11 View Post
          What is 11 12 and 13???
          That is the negative battery cable that attaches to the frame, and it's mounting hardware.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Part 6 is just an M6 bolt.

It makes me laugh sometimes how badly the Japs can draw a simple thing like an earth strap

How about the battery tray, have you got one of those?
            '84 Sport

Comment

Working...
            X