Exhaust system options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust system options

I need to replace the exhaust system on my 80 SG. I can only find a few complete exhaust systems online, I don't like the ones I see. I currently have a RC 4 to 1 system and want something similar, I like the upswept angle of the muffler. All I can find are systems from Mac abd Jardine. Does anyone have any different leads I can follow to find something? Or even pics of the Mac and Jardine systems.
    Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
    Current rides:
    80 XS1100SG
    82 JX1100
    83 Venture Royale
    86 V-Max

Here is a pic of the Jardine black 4-1 system with the oval cannister, I have a new one just like it for sale in the parts section for $325 (shipping included in the price). They used to cost about $400. You can't buy pipes from Jardine for the XS11 any more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...amCycle003.jpg
    Last edited by Guy_b_g; 06-22-2009, 10:01 PM.
    Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

There was a thread just recently about a new brand of pipes that are still being made for the XS.

Andreas also has a set for sale, used. It's a type he's never seen before, so may be interesting, but it's a 4-2.
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Worlds End Motorcycles www.wemoto.com english supply source for LOTS of stuff for our style bikes. show 4/1 chrome system for xs11. I have obtained a 3/1 from them for my xs850 project bike. very happy with the quality of goods delivered. yet again only took 5 days from other side of planet.

Comment

My local muffler shop guy reckons he can build a set of headers for $250.00NZ. All I gotta do is supply a pattern, flanges and a muffler. Maybe you guys can get them made as well.
          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Hi mlew, I've got quite a few types of XS1100 exhaust pictured here
            Brian
            XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
            Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

I have a set of S&S 4 into 2, not shown on your page.

The mufflers looks just like the 4-1 S&S you show, but without the 4 pipe joiner.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Cool, I hadn't heard of an S&S 4-2 before, if you've got any photos or info I could add them to the list.
                Brian

Comment

Well, I could take pictures of mine, but it's not in the best of shape.

They are still usable, but have a few dents and some rust.

'05 ST1300

Comment

OK Crazcnuk, thanks for letting me know
                    Brian

Comment

No problem, I will see if I can get a picture for you, my camera is somewhere on the way back from California, atm.

The set I have looks essentially like stock headpipes with 2 mufflers the same shape and style as the single muffler on your site. It had S&S decals on the mufflers.

'05 ST1300

Comment

XJ1100 J Header pipes

My Pipes are solid but have a lot of surface rust ,

Some one told me there was a place that did a High temp

ceramic coating on pipes if you can't find or have them built !

Do you know of such a place I've lost the reference.

Our Yamaha place said there are after market pipes for the 650 and 750 !

Comment

Originally posted by Lamric View Post
                          Hi mlew, I've got quite a few types of XS1100 exhaust pictured here
                          Nice selection of pipes, would be interesting to hear the different music they make. I have a Jardine and love the sound...wonder what it sounds like being passed? Any who, when I lean it over to the right far enough my exhaust scrapes right behind the rider foot peg, got a flat spot there now. Maybe setting the rear shocks stiffer would elminate this but has enyone else had this problem? To me it seems like the pipe coulda' hugged closer to the bike... Didnt seem like I was pushing it that hard. Thoughts?

Syr dont mean to jack this thread.
                          '79 XS11 F
                          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by drdud View Post
                            My Pipes are solid but have a lot of surface rust ,

Some one told me there was a place that did a High temp

ceramic coating on pipes if you can't find or have them built !

Do you know of such a place I've lost the reference.

Perhaps this is what you were looking for?

http://www.jet-hot.com/
                            T. C. Gresham
                            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                            History shows again and again,
                            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                            X