No announcement yet.

Vetter fairing mounts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phycoreefer, I have one of those mounts just like that and the one that came on my 78E when it was new and they are different so I don't think that mount is for an xs11 maybe its for a different year or for a xs750. The mounting tabs are closer together and the cross tube is curved up instead of straight and the mounting plates are wider and further apart, and on the upper half the goose neck is longer and the upper mounting plates are different.
    Fastmover
    "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
    lion". SHL
    78 XS1100e

Comment

This is the one I just got off ebay for my Vetter Quicksilver fairing.
      if that helps. the mounting should be similar for most of the XS's. the top 2 holes use factory holes in the frame and the other 2 are the u-bolts.

Dave
      1978 XS1100E

Comment

Well, ours look nothing like the QS mount. I wish I had pictures, but it's hard to get in there while they are on the bike.

I am thinking that I have the Vetter designed Yamaha set, ie; mount and fairing, that were designed to fit the standard like a glove.

Derwat, as far as I can tell, has the generic WJIV and mount, and it leaves more room because it was designed to fit a wider range bikes. On his there is room to leave the headlight bucket in (although you have to take the headlight and bezel off).

One thing with mine, is that the whole unit is tilted back a little, which makes it difficult to aim the headlight, as I can't lower it any more. The adjuster is at the end of the screw.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Each one was made for specific bikes and the QS is different then the other windjammer fairings.

Info
          http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Vet...0brackets.html
          Dave
          1978 XS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Crazcnuk View Post

One thing with mine, is that the whole unit is tilted back a little, which makes it difficult to aim the headlight, as I can't lower it any more. The adjuster is at the end of the screw.
            Can't you just go to the hardware store and buy a longer screw?
            1979 xs1100 Special -
            Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
            Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
            My Bike:
            [link is broken]

Comment

Sure, and a longer spring and....

Although I see no reason why the headlight, in a fairing made speicifically for the make and model of my bike, should not be able to be aimed without having to do all that.

One would think that I should be somewhere just off the center of the adjuster, not all the way to the end.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Crazcuk, Could you post some pics. of the fairing and bracket on you bike? Something doesn't sound right and maybe one of us can spot what's off.
                Fastmover
                "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                lion". SHL
                78 XS1100e

Comment

I was going to suggest that as well, given the fact that you can't aim your headlight maybe you've got the odd ball craz. A PO could have modified it from another bike, or just changed it to get a tighter fit.
                  1979 xs1100 Special -
                  Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                  Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                  My Bike:
                  [link is broken]

Comment

Not sure, but it fits the bike perfectly, other than the headlight thing.

Originally my 80G came with a generic Vetter WJIV. Later I bough the entire Venture set, albiet with a Tour Pack trunk, and it came with the mounts.

I used the mount, that came with the venture set on the bike, and sold the other mount/fairing to Derwat.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Working...
                    X