Dunlop E3 users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, and therein lays the rub.
    Catatonic, you are correct in your reasoning. However that is NOT how the tread in oriented on this tire. It does everthing else that it should do but when it comes to water it DOES NOT displace it. It gathers it up and throws it all over the place.
    I do not claim to be a tire expert, even after my highly scientific experiment with the mud puddle. (Aw, come on now, that was a very scientific puddle) All I can tell you is that, at least for me, that particular tire won't work, at least in the rain. Trouble with that is, at least around here, it can go from sunny to rain faster than my wife can change her mind. While I tend not to leave home in the rain, I may be forced to come home in it.
    Put a better way, I don't buy tires that I like, I buy tires the Dragons like! Dragons being what they are, if they do not like a tire they may express their opinion by throwing me in heap in the ditch somewhere. I am not all that fond of ditchs either.

Fred, it holds air well! PM me an address, you can have it for the shipping.
    The Old Tamer
    1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Update

Here is where it sits. The new Metzeler showed up yesterday and was installed in short order. Absolutely noticable difference! Headed right out and beat up all the twistys in the area to get it broke in. Bike takes a different line through the curves now and that took some getting used to but all in all I am really happy with the results. Then the weather gods got into the act and brought me some rain before I got home. I was actually running around looking for puddles. Hit every one I could find. Tire didn't notice!
      I will be ordering more of the 880E's in the future!! Yup, they are a bit more money but it is MY butt that it is holding up off of the ground and I feel a lot better about the situation now.

Fred, I should be able to get the old tire out to you today or tomorrow.
      The Old Tamer
      1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Working...
      X