Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat covers ..

Has anyone tried one of these?

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-XS1100-STANDARD-79-Seat-Cover-MOTORCYCLE-XS-1100_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q 3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQ hashZitem4a9830ca5cQQitemZ320380914268QQptZMotorsQ 5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ebayphotohosting
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

The title says standard, but the description says special. If its a standard I might be interested in one as well. Might need a quick email to determine.
    1978 XS1100E "in progress"
    St. Petersburg FL

Comment

Well, I ordered one ...

The guy was pretty nice to talk to and offered a range of different options other than just plain. I decided on a 'gripper' type material on top with smooth sides.

I ribbed him a bit about the confusing text and it's was as I had thought ... he has both. Makes 'em to order ... so I'll post up a pic once I get it on.
      80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
      79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Ok, here's the pics of the cover ...

that I bought at the above link. Only 39 bucks ... 'bout half of the B&N cover I bought for the G. Not quite as fancy as the B&N, but I like it just as much. I give it two thumbs up

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
        80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

Originally posted by thewiz View Post
          The guy was pretty nice to talk to and offered a range of different options other than just plain. I decided on a 'gripper' type material on top with smooth sides.
          So what do you think of the "gripper" material? Is it waterproof?
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

That's a good lookin' Standard ya got there, Wiz! Covers look good.
            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Ok .. well ...

the 'gripper' material is just kinda' 'etched', for lack of a better descriptor, on there. Non porous, Bug.

Thx, XJOK ...
              80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

i bought a seat from the same company for 39 but it's smooth where you have the lines??? i really need to post a pic of it. they look really sharp! i haven't put my grab bar back on though
                " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                8mm msd wires
                tkat fork brace...
                Fox shocks...
                mikes650 front fender
                led's gallore...
                renthal bars
                gold valve emulators
                vmax tensioner
                Rifle fairing

Comment

That looks great, should put his link in the links section, and then you can put in a review.
                  Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                  '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
                  X