Okc people help carb tuning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okc people help carb tuning!

Can anyone in the okc area help a guy adjust the carbs? I put a mac 4-2 exhaust on my bike and didn't mess with the carb's at all. But the bike pops a little when the rpm's are coming down. Not sure if it's something i can fix or if thats normal. But i've been told and im fairly certain i need to adjust/tune the carb's. But i've never done it. Can anyone help me do that or show me how? I can ride the bike it's driveable just not very easy. Thanks fellas. I appriciate it.
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Some popping on decel is normal with aftermarket pipes.

You could put a set of bigger pilot jets in to help richen the low end a tad, but in my experience, by the time you get all the popping gone, it runs poorly.

OR

Just hold the clutch in and use your brakes...
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Popping is normal but if it's a lot of popping then you have a leak. I had to use exhaust gasket where the mufflers join on . After that it was light popping with a nice rumble sound.
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

took it for a ride today and it was definatly not running like it used to. i believe it's got an exhaust leak. And come to think of it when i put the exhaust on i couldn't get to one nut on the header itsself. Maybe thats whats wrong. Whats the torque spec on the nuts holding the header to the cyl head anyone know? I guess i'll have to tighten them all down some more maybe thats all it is.
        Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Josh

Try backing the pilot screws out by 1/2 turn and see what that does. It sounds like you may be a little lean after swapping from the stock exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtied View Post
            took it for a ride today and it was definatly not running like it used to. i believe it's got an exhaust leak. And come to think of it when i put the exhaust on i couldn't get to one nut on the header itsself. Maybe thats whats wrong. Whats the torque spec on the nuts holding the header to the cyl head anyone know? I guess i'll have to tighten them all down some more maybe thats all it is.
            Tighten them when warm. Don't over do it, since the contraction can cause them to bust off. Just nice and snug. Tightening exhaust stuff when cold just lets it loosen up when warm.
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
            X